Belfast Tour

When I book cruise tours I won't book with a company that requires full payment up front.... a deposit I am happy to pay ( no more than 10% though ).... If they need any more than that I question why? As to your predicament Pam' date=' I would have shouted it from the rafters on here and on Tripadvisor, let them try and sue.... they wouldn't get far, they were in the wrong especially as you have emails from them.

Message here is - DON'T BOOK MCCOMBS! We will be in Ireland next year and I will definitely not be booking with them now.[/quote']

Hi Eileen, we visited Belfast on Ruby Princess in 2009, doing British Isles Cruise. We did a ship's shorex in Belfast which was good. I don't trust those private tour operators, too many rogues, like the ones mentioned in Belfast. We always do ship's shorex or get around ourselves on the Ho Ho bus etc.

• 8 months later...

My friend found Paddywagon Tours excellent, she took the shore tour from Cork, but I am led to believe that they offer shore tours from Dublin and Belfast too. Check out their website ,for more info on the shore tours. http://www.paddywagontours.com.

I really want to visit Cork on my cruise and I however, will be doing their much cheaper shore tour. Cant Wait!!!

Just recently took a land tour of Ireland. If you are interested in nature and its effects the the Causeway is one of the places to go. The day we went if was cold and blustery but still many were there. Advise walking down to the bottom and taking the bus back up. It will also a way to see some of the country which is very beautiful.

If history and buildings and statues are what you are interested in then take a Belfast tour (include the walled portion of the city) and also go to the Titanic Museum. It is really a fantastic place. I watched the news nightly when the troubles where going on and to see the actual places that it happened really hit home as my grandfather came from the old country as he liked to say.

Either is a great experience and worth seeing.

I'm from Belfast and greatly recommend going to the titanic quarter it's fantastic! You might also try paddy wagon tours they are excellent as well. but going out towards causeway coast line be prepared for a hour long journey there and back. Lovely to see but make sure you give yourself plenty of time!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Belfast to giants causeway is a good hour and half both ways !! Nice to see but so is the titanic quarter. Just pop of the boat and its 10 minutes from city centre !

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi. When you say just pop off the ship and go to the Titanic Quarter, is that walking distance from the ship or do you have to get a taxi.

We dont want to do the big trip the the Giant Causeway, just want to see the Titanic Museum bit of the city maybe a few traditional pub, Was hoping to walk off the ship and do it by foot??

Aussie Bob

Thanks for the info. I am really torn with which one to do - Giants Causeway or the Titanic Quarter.

I think that it might be possible to do both, but it would be tight. Viator has a day trip from Dublin that visits both the Titanic Experience and the Giant's Causeway. I figure that if someone can squeeze in both places plus the drive to and from Dublin, we should be able to get a taxi tour that will take us to both places. I haven't tried to plan this, though, so it might be more hassle than is worth it on vacation. If pushed, I'd go with the Titanic Experience, but I'm really hoping that we can do both.

Here's a description of the Viator tour from Dublin, which is listed at 11 hours (but that includes the drive to and from Dublin):

Visit Belfast’s Titanic Visitor Experience and the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Giant’s Causeway on a full-day trip from Dublin! Open since April 2012 (the 100th anniversary of the ship’s sinking), the official Titanic exhibition allows you to re-live the tragic yet captivating story through interactive discovery zones and galleries. After a guided tour, travel along the spectacular Antrim Coastal Drive to the Giant’s Causeway, where you’ll have time at leisure to explore its dramatic cliffs and rock formations.

Without the drive to and from Dublin, it should be possible to squeeze in both places from Belfast.

Edited by 2disneydads

I think that it might be possible to do both, but it would be tight. Viator has a day trip from Dublin that visits both the Titanic Experience and the Giant's Causeway. I figure that if someone can squeeze in both places plus the drive to and from Dublin, we should be able to get a taxi tour that will take us to both places. I haven't tried to plan this, though, so it might be more hassle than is worth it on vacation. If pushed, I'd go with the Titanic Experience, but I'm really hoping that we can do both.

Here's a description of the Viator tour from Dublin, which is listed at 11 hours (but that includes the drive to and from Dublin):

Visit Belfast’s Titanic Visitor Experience and the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Giant’s Causeway on a full-day trip from Dublin! Open since April 2012 (the 100th anniversary of the ship’s sinking), the official Titanic exhibition allows you to re-live the tragic yet captivating story through interactive discovery zones and galleries. After a guided tour, travel along the spectacular Antrim Coastal Drive to the Giant’s Causeway, where you’ll have time at leisure to explore its dramatic cliffs and rock formations.

Without the drive to and from Dublin, it should be possible to squeeze in both places from Belfast.

I'm confused! If you are docking in Belfast it's walking distance from the boat. But if you are doing Dublin you might find you wil spend most of your time travelling. Just remember to pre book ticket for titanic quarter. Also 10 mins away is bars and restaurants and more bars and shops. Hope you enjoy; )

I'm confused! If you are docking in Belfast it's walking distance from the boat. But if you are doing Dublin you might find you wil spend most of your time travelling. Just remember to pre book ticket for titanic quarter. Also 10 mins away is bars and restaurants and more bars and shops. Hope you enjoy; )

The Princess cruise docks in both Belfast and Dublin. But we are focused on Belfast in this discussion. The person whose message I quoted was trying to decide whether to go to the Giant's Causeway or to the Titanic Experience. I pointed out that it might be possible to do both (which would require the hiring of a private taxi tour, most likely). If Viator can sell a one-day tour to both the Giant's Causeway and the Titanic Experience from Dublin, then it should be possible to see both when actually starting out in Belfast. I was not suggesting taking the tour from Dublin.

Thanks for your help with this. Yes we are docking in Belfast so it looks like we might be able to walk to the Titanic then? Is it easy to find your way there? Are the bars and Resturants further on from the Titanic or on the way. So looking forward to the port.

Again, thanks for your help

At present cruise ships dock at McCaughey Road, north Belfast 2 miles from the city centre. A new cruise terminal is to be constructed this year beside the Titanic Visitor Centre but so far work has not commenced. Look at google maps, put these two destinations in the search boxes and get directions, you will see the route is 2.9 miles and not a safe area to walk due to motorways, port vehicles etc. in an industrial area.

A free courtesy coach is provided to transport cruise passengers to the city centre (near the City Hall http://www.discovernorthernireland.com/Belfast-City-Hall-Belfast-P2782) and from there it is possible to walk to Titanic. There are no bars immediately near the Titanic Centre apart from within the centre itself. If you head back towards the city centre one of the nearest would be the Kitchen Bar - http://www.thekitchenbar.com/