St. Martins & Bay of Fundy tour

I will be in St. John for the middle of July and plan to take this excursion which is St. Martins and Bay of Fundy excursion. It is 3.25 hours.

Now the tour leaves either 8:30am or 12:30pm. I'm wondering which one will give the better chance of low tide!

Thanks and also any feed back of those who took this tour.

I will be in St. John for the middle of July and plan to take this excursion which is St. Martins and Bay of Fundy excursion. It is 3.25 hours.

Now the tour leaves either 8:30am or 12:30pm. I'm wondering which one will give the better chance of low tide!

Thanks and also any feed back of those who took this tour.

Check out this webite. It has tide times for the area. Just put in your date you will be in the area and it will give you both high and low tide times.

http://www.bayoffundytourism.com/tides/times/

We did this tour and had a great tour guide. We learned so much from her, something that you would not get by driving yourself. The tides were high but we were still able to find some ringed rocks.

thanks for your input. I would never rent a car...I was on 2 cruises last year and we left 8 people stranded on the dock and left them just looking at the ship as we sailed off. I was told they rented a car and they lost track of time...

My cousin is a harbor pilot in New York and swears to me to never rent a car...He also seen it all.

Thanks for the info.....

St martins is 55 minutes from cruise terminal. There is no public transportation to the village. The most economical way aside from car rental is buying an excursion - but not through cruise ship.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

thanks for your input. I would never rent a car...I was on 2 cruises last year and we left 8 people stranded on the dock and left them just looking at the ship as we sailed off. I was told they rented a car and they lost track of time...

My cousin is a harbor pilot in New York and swears to me to never rent a car...He also seen it all.

Thanks for the info.....

this was not the rental cars fault-- some people think the rules do not apply to them. Knowing you have to be back on the ship 30 minutes before sailing-- and there is an hour difference-- if the island would have been on ship time those people would not even have seen the ship-- they would have come back to an empty pier

Remember that these canada ports are 1 hour ahead of ship time

Archived