Century FO cabin remodeled to FV cabin?

SeaGal

I was thinking of booking Century in April 2007, after the remodel. At the Celebrity site the Vista deck Familiy Oceanview cabins are now listed as Family Veranda. Does anyone know if these rooms will REALLY have balconies added?

One can only hope:)

Hi Seagal,:) I don't know how many cabins are going to be switched, but from the newsbreak about her upgrade it did say alot of cabins would have balconies

added.

Then again, anything more is alot;) as the only cabins with a balcony on Century now are the suites.

When in April 2007 are you thinking of going?

Hi Lois,

I almost feel as if I know you from reading your upbeat and informative postings.

We are looking at back-to-backs on April 2nd and 7th, 2007. We have discovered that 10 days are the way to go. My big concern is booking this far in advance is a gamble since my daughers are in Jr High and High School and I am guessing when their spring break will be.

We have sailed the Galaxy twice and are booked on her again this Christmas. I know we would love the Century (a favorite of yours, I know) and if we had a balcony it would be especially nice.

The Celebrity site had these cabins listed in the Verandah section, so I can hope.

Thanks for responding.

Patti

I was thinking of booking Century in April 2007, after the remodel. At the Celebrity site the Vista deck Familiy Oceanview cabins are now listed as Family Veranda. Does anyone know if these rooms will REALLY have balconies added?

Wouldn't be any surprise if they did this. There's a fair bit of deck room out behind the FO cabins that could be turned into verandas for those cabins.

Hi Sea Gal !

I dont think Celebrity has said specifically where the balconies will be, but from what I can see on their website (and some educated guessing), it looks like there is a good chance that the FV's will have balconies. I certainly hope so anyway. Hopefully, we will hear more soon. Stay Tuned !

Wouldn't be any surprise if they did this. There's a fair bit of deck room out behind the FO cabins that could be turned into verandas for those cabins.

Unlike the Galaxy and Mercury, the Century "FO" cabins (actually still designated as Cat 3) do not have any deck room behind them at all.

I am also guessing that these cabins may lose one of the sofa beds when the veranda and sliding glass door are installed which means that they will be furnished to sleep 4 which is what the Millennium class ship FVs are designed for.

Unlike the Galaxy and Mercury, the Century "FO" cabins (actually still designated as Cat 3) do not have any deck room behind them at all.

I am also guessing that these cabins may lose one of the sofa beds when the veranda and sliding glass door are installed which means that they will be furnished to sleep 4 which is what the Millennium class ship FVs are designed for.

Right you are. I keep forgetting that the Century is the odd duck of those three and that they have those little Century Suite cabins across the back of the Penthouse deck instead of FO cabins -- there isn't any deck space down there that isn't already veranda. The Cat3 (they don't call them FO on the Century for some reason) cabins on the two decks below really do end right at the aft of the ship, don't they?

Archived