Carnival Sunshine/Pricing and Booking Help (NOLA)

dctm06

Our last Carnival Cruise we booked at the last minute for last year's Spring Break....Fascination out of Jacksonville and I got what I thought was a fairly decent price $1500 for 5 nights for the 4 of us - myself, husband, 16 yr old daughter and 5 yr old son. I want to go ahead and book ahead this time. I am thinking of booking the Sunshine out of NOLA departing 3/23/14 for 7 nights since we can easily drive there. I called Carnival and the cost is $2508.72 for the 4 of us (of course this does not iclude the ins. or gratuities). They said Riveara deck, mid ship, ocean view room. Does this price sound reasonable? I was thinking of going through a travel agent as well just because I am really not certain when and what deck/room to book.

Any thoughts on the price and should I book now or wait?

Any advice is appreciated.

Our last Carnival Cruise we booked at the last minute for last year's Spring Break....Fascination out of Jacksonville and I got what I thought was a fairly decent price $1500 for 5 nights for the 4 of us - myself, husband, 16 yr old daughter and 5 yr old son. I want to go ahead and book ahead this time. I am thinking of booking the Sunshine out of NOLA departing 3/23/14 for 7 nights since we can easily drive there. I called Carnival and the cost is $2508.72 for the 4 of us (of course this does not iclude the ins. or gratuities). They said Riveara deck, mid ship, ocean view room. Does this price sound reasonable? I was thinking of going through a travel agent as well just because I am really not certain when and what deck/room to book.

We are also booked on that cruise. We booked over a year ago and booked a suite. That price looks like you will be booked on the super saver rate that won't give you any future price drops. Go to carnival dot com and book using early saver so you will qualify for future price drops. Too far out for large drops still. Your rate will be a little higher now but may drop later. Or you could wait till they offer better discounts as the cruise get closer.

We had the Magic 7 nights out of Galveston last year 8/19/2012 in a Balcony is cost us 2439.72 But considering this is spring break week you are looking at it will be a little pricey. Hope this helps.

We are also booked on that cruise. We booked over a year ago and booked a suite. That price looks like you will be booked on the super saver rate that won't give you any future price drops. Go to carnival dot com and book using early saver so you will qualify for future price drops. Too far out for large drops still. Your rate will be a little higher now but may drop later. Or you could wait till they offer better discounts as the cruise get closer.

Thank you...I will book it out online to see what the total is. When I contacted Carnival they said they were quoting me the early saver rate.

OVs at least are nice and large on that ship, 220 s.f.

Do realize that if you book Early Saver, the deposit is nonrefundable and that you will not be allowed to cancel before final payment if you change your mind.

Do a mock booking yourself and look at which rates are offered before you jump in.

I personally dont care which deck Im on. A lower deck just means more walking.

Archived