C&a status ? when child travels without parent

My daughter (15) is going on a cruise with a friend without us and she will be in a suite. Do the points she earns for that cruise be reflected on our C & a status since she is a minor or does she not get points since she is a minor? Does anyone have any experience?

My daughter (15) is going on a cruise with a friend without us and she will be in a suite. Do the points she earns for that cruise be reflected on our C & a status since she is a minor or does she not get points since she is a minor? Does anyone have any experience?

Your daughter will earn her own points, and those points will not reflect on your point total or status at all.

She should have her own C&A number that tracks her own actual points total for the sailings she takes even though she may granted your status while she is a minor.

Once she is an adult and no longer under your status, her status will revert back to only the cruises that she has actually sailed on, so she'll be glad to have this suite sailing included.

She should have her own C&A number that tracks her own actual points total for the sailings she takes even though she may granted your status while she is a minor.

Once she is an adult and no longer under your status, her status will revert back to only the cruises that she has actually sailed on, so she'll be glad to have this suite sailing included.

I don't think this is actually true. From what I understand, children will retain their parents' status once they turn 18, if they have their C&A number before their 18th birthday. They will just stop accruing their parents' points, only their own points going forward.

I have no idea what happens if I minor sails without their parents, which was the original question.

I don't think this is actually true. From what I understand, children will retain their parents' status once they turn 18, if they have their C&A number before their 18th birthday. They will just stop accruing their parents' points, only their own points going forward.

I have no idea what happens if I minor sails without their parents, which was the original question.

You're correct, if the minor has a C&A number before their 18th birthday, then they will keep their parent's level as of their 18th birthday, but their points will be only the ones they earned on their own cruises.

If a minor cruises, with or without parents, they accrue points.

Tell your daughter to keep her SeaPass card when she leaves the ship. When she turns 18, these points should show on her account (when she registers) but in case this one doesn't, it would make things a whole lot easier as she is travelling with non-family members. (her card is proof she sailed)

Archived