Couple of Questions about Celebrity's CruiseCare Policy

I will need to make final payment in about 10 days.

I have booked independent airfare with a $150 change fee.

I would like to get the Celebrity policy to cover the chance that I might start a new job soon and have no vacation. I have downloaded and read the policy but still have some questions.

So my questions really concern the Cancel for any reason part of the policy.

Will it cover the independent air? The way I read it yes. But perhaps only the change fee part? the full air?

If you cancel, you get a cruise credit of 75% to use in one year. This cruise is more expensive than I normally take. Can you use the credit towards two different cruises? Does the new cruise have to start and end in the one year period?

I know I can call the cruise line, but I'm not sure that I will get accurate info. I usually get better info here on CC. Also I asked on the Celebrity board and I'm not getting real clear info there either.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Regardless of the feedback you get here if this was me I would call the cruise line but most importantly i would get the answers in writing. I would not want to rely on something posted here that might be wrong. Again, get it in writing because certainly it has to be in the policy. Just my two cents.

Keith

By the way, here's the plan wording for the Cancel For Any Reason benefit:

"In the event that you choose to cancel for a reason not authorized above or for a reason that is otherwise restricted, at any time up until departure, and you have purchased CruiseCare, Celebrity Cruises will provide you a cruise credit equal to 75% of the non-refundable value of your Cruise Vacation prepaid to Celebrity Cruises, for your use toward a future cruise. This additional enhancement is offered exclusively by Celebrity Cruises as a special service to guests that purchase this cruise ticket Cancellation Penalty Waiver Addendum. Certain restrictions on the use of these cruise credits (such as

blackout periods) may apply. Credits are valid for one year from issue date, are not transferable, and have no cash value. To be eligible for credits, notification of cancellation must be given to Celebrity Cruises prior to the ship’s departure."

I don't see anything in there that says anything about receiving a credit/refund for independently-booked air.

If you look at the definition of the Cruise Vacation, you will see it included independent airfare. I would like to call

Berkeley but the Cancel for any Reason is a Celebrity thing I think.....

And there are no details in writing about the cruise credits in the policy provided online.

That's why I am asking for help from the experts who always have better info than I get by calling.

If you look at the definition of the Cruise Vacation, you will see it included independent airfare. I would like to call

Berkeley but the Cancel for any Reason is a Celebrity thing I think.....

And there are no details in writing about the cruise credits in the policy provided online.

That's why I am asking for help from the experts who always have better info than I get by calling.

I really would call as I posted earlier and yes call the insurance company.

They can elaborate on the policy but whatever they tell you get it in writing.

The reason I say this is this is too important to rely on the advice of someone from CC who you don't even know and they could be giving you wrong information. On top of this insurance policies change so what applied to one person might not be included with the policy.

Keith

So will Berkeley be able to explain the coverage provided by Celebrity?? The Cancel for any reason is not provided by Berkely or at least that's how I read it.

Also Celebrity has new version of the policy that I will read to see if it is clearer.

Thanks all.

So will Berkeley be able to explain the coverage provided by Celebrity?? The Cancel for any reason is not provided by Berkely or at least that's how I read it.

Also Celebrity has new version of the policy that I will read to see if it is clearer.

Thanks all.

Here's a further explanation:

"Provided by Celebrity Cruises

CruiseCare “Any Reason” Cruise Credits…............equal to 75% of the non-*refundable pre-*paid Cruise Vacation Cost

In the event that you choose to cancel for a reason not authorized above

or for a reason that is otherwise restricted, at any time up until departure,

and you have purchased CruiseCare, Celebrity Cruises will provide

you a cruise credit equal to 75% of the non-*refundable value (excluding

ChoiceAir) of your Cruise Vacation prepaid to Celebrity Cruises, for your

use toward a future cruise."

The ChoiceAir program is through RCI/Celebrity and with which passengers can purchase their air and transfers for their cruise. As you can see, Celebrity will not apply the 75% credit to tickets purchased through their own ChoiceAir program. Given that, I think it improbable that they would give credits for air tickets purchased outside of the ChoiceAir program. But call and check.

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/cel_pdf/TermsConditions_Celebrity_Cruises_CruiseCare_04_01_13_LR.pdf

Archived