Sold out cruise and no room assignment (Golden Princess)

LoveByrds

Waiting is always the hardest part. Luckily with a wedding to plan and the "I do's" on Saturday i won't have time to worry.

I will watch for any 800 numbers calling though in case a crazy amazing offer comes through. We are within 5 hours of the port, so who knows what could happen. So many of you have had amazing experiences! :)

Whatever happens we are so excited to relax and unwind on this cruise. I can't wait to watch MUTS, eat lobster and desserts and enjoy my honeymoon. :D

Sounds like you have the right attitude, beautiful bride! Enjoy the wedding and the honeymoon to the fullest!

(And if possible, take a few minutes at some point to tell us what cabin you get!)

Hi Everyone! We just got our cabin assignment! Only 2 days, 16 hours till the wedding and 3 days 14 hours till the cruise! :D

We got ***drum roll please*** an inside cabin as we booked. It's an IA on the Caribe deck perfectly positioned between the 2 sets of elevators. But i'm not disappointed because:

1. The specific cabins we could have booked were either below the teen zone, near a door near the pizza and pool or there was one under a buffet. I'm much happier in-between passenger cabins. And this seems very middle of the ship-so less sea sickness?
  2. Since it is light 18 hours a day we will be able to sleep no problem.
  3. I have a knee issue and was so worried we wouldn't be near an elevator.

Does anyone know what the big empty space down the hall is for? Its sorta near the back of the ship. http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/np/deck_plans/index.html

Hi Everyone! We just got our cabin assignment! Only 2 days, 16 hours till the wedding and 3 days 14 hours till the cruise! :D

We got ***drum roll please*** an inside cabin as we booked. It's an IA on the Caribe deck perfectly positioned between the 2 sets of elevators. But i'm not disappointed because:

1. The specific cabins we could have booked were either below the teen zone, near a door near the pizza and pool or there was one under a buffet. I'm much happier in-between passenger cabins. And this seems very middle of the ship-so less sea sickness?
  2. Since it is light 18 hours a day we will be able to sleep no problem.
  3. I have a knee issue and was so worried we wouldn't be near an elevator.

Does anyone know what the big empty space down the hall is for? Its sorta near the back of the ship. http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/np/deck_plans/index.html

I think that you hit it right on the nose with your comments above. I looked at the deck plans and I would call that an excellent location for an Inside on the Golden Princess. Also our favorite cruise service wise was on the Golden Princess! Make sure that they (the ship staff) know it is your Honeymoon, as I am sure that they might do something special for you! Congrats and enjoy!!! :D

Mark

The big empty space is where the live bands warm up before they go on stage. After the performances it is the crew party area. :eek:

Just kidding -- I have no clue. Have a GREAT cruise!

Edited by beg3yrs

Hi! Have experienced this a couple of times.... it may play in your favor! Sometimes you are given a much nicer room than what you actually paide for! I suppose you never know, but if in question call Princess directly to make certain that they have your info!!! Your room will probably be assigned by tomorrow...BUT if not, when you go to check in they will have your info there. ...

• 2 months later...

We're 10 days from departure and sitting on an inside guarantee for a sold out sailing. We also live just 20 miles from the port. While I have absolutely no worries about not receiving an assignment, even if it's at the port on day of departure, if/when a "move over" offer comes, does Princess contact me directly , or do they instead call our TA, who in turn will (hopefully) contact us?

I 2007 I was booked on the Crown to Canada/NE in a mini suite guarantee and did not get a cabin assignment till 7 days before we sailed. I was upgraded to a penthouse suite, best cruise ever. The longer you wait the better it maybe.:)

Celebrity Century 10/22/13 Hawaii, HAL 56 days, RCCL 104 days, NCL 28 days, Princess 214 days, Royal 14 days, Cunard 49 days, Celebrity 16 cruises.

We're 10 days from departure and sitting on an inside guarantee for a sold out sailing. We also live just 20 miles from the port. While I have absolutely no worries about not receiving an assignment, even if it's at the port on day of departure, if/when a "move over" offer comes, does Princess contact me directly , or do they instead call our TA, who in turn will (hopefully) contact us?

They will call the TA who will hopefully pass on the info to you in a timely manor.

On our March cruise we had a cabin booked and confirmed, but all 9 bookings in our group received a move-over offer 3 days before the cruise was due to sail.

They offered us a full refund, a free replacement cruise ( The choice of suggested sailings included one which was double in length to our original cruise), an upgrade to the next category of cabin and airfares.

We chose the offer, the rest of our group could not change their vacation times so did not take it.

• 1 year later...

Wanted to chime in with my experience booking a guarantee cabin..

Booked the lowest category (IF) cabin on the Coral Princess. Sold out cruise, been checking the website multiple times/day for the past couple days and just found out our cabin number, 5 days before sail date.

Just found out that we got upgraded 6 categories to an Oceanview Obstructed (OZ). Could be better but for the price we paid, we're pretty satisfied. Hope we like the room but we know we're gonna have a great cruise!

Wanted to chime in with my experience booking a guarantee cabin..

Booked the lowest category (IF) cabin on the Coral Princess. Sold out cruise, been checking the website multiple times/day for the past couple days and just found out our cabin number, 5 days before sail date.

Just found out that we got upgraded 6 categories to an Oceanview Obstructed (OZ). Could be better but for the price we paid, we're pretty satisfied. Hope we like the room but we know we're gonna have a great cruise!

Cabins are usually assigned by the last couple of days before the cruise. ;)

Great upgrade for you! Enjoy!