July 4th in San Juan

tyson

We will be on the Navigator next week and will be in San Juan on July 4th. Does anyone know if there will be any celebrations near the pier? We don't depart until 10:00 p.m., so I was hoping for some fireworks! Thanks!

We had our tour cancelled as the operators said preparations for the 4th would make it too difficult to do. So my guess is there is a big show somewhere. . . I'll go to some Puerto Rico websites and find out!

I tried looking on the web but couldn't any specific information about the pier area. Of course, I probably didn't know what I was looking at since I don't know the names of the various parts of the city. The links I found to the newspapers were in Spanish. Muggo11, I hope you have better luck! Thanks! :)

Tyson,

We will also be on the Navigator and have been wondering the same thing, but have not found anything. Someone on our roll call has also contacted the Chamber of Commerce and was told that there was nothing planned. I guess we'll have to have our own celebration.

If you are interested, there are about 40 poeple signed up for the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle. Time to start packing. :) Can't wait to be on the Ship!

Hi, I will be on the Navigator next week also. Just learned about the cruise critic site today. Ugh...too late to join you guys at the Meet and Mingle.:mad: Just booked the cruise last night. They close 3 days prior to sailing. You would think with 32 RCCL cruises under my belt that I would have found this sooner. Uh-oh, must be a blonde thing. Anyway, back to the 4th. Apparently, there will be a ceremony and parade. Only problem is that the website doesn't say where. Keep your fingers crossed that it is right off of the ship in Old San Juan.

Ciao for now,

Mermaid

Archived