Cagney's Lunch

pizzalady1

Not to flame anyone, but this question has been asked and answered repeatedly on CC. Just a suggestion: A search engine would deliver previous posts about this.

Also, on a 7 day cruise you might eat lunch in Cagney's four days at most. That is hardly enough to exhaust the menu choices. And they will be glad to get you anything from other available places.

I was on the Sun in March for an 11 night cruise. One day we ate fish in MDR, because mom wanted to. One day we skipped lunch. So, I think we must have eaten there 9 times. I had the wonderful dinner salad with hearts of palm at least 4-5 times, loved it. I think I tried almost everything and hated I ran out of time to have some things twice. I think I had the chicken on the last day and it was soooo good, wished I had a chance to have it again.

BTW, my mom asked for and received sliced avocado every day. They will accommodate special requests. One day I had a BLT. I asked at breakfast for them to save me some bacon... haha. It was great!!!

There most definitely is a standard international way to format dates and times - it's just not used especially in US (a bit more common in Europe). ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601

Standardized means that everyone is expected to use it in a certain population. I said that there is no "international standard," but I admit that I meant there isn't a "global standard" (poor word choice, admittedly), since international can apply to any given group of countries. That said, even within the countries I deal with daily, most of them DON'T use that dating standard, so it's not a standard that people on the street routinely use, in my experience, though it may be standard for a particular industry. Just do a check of the Roll Calls and show me where everyone is using the same, because they aren't, I assure you.

In general, I find that Americans TEND toward MO/DD/YY or MO/DD/YEAR or even Month DD, YEAR. But American military tends toward DD Month (or month abbreviated) YEAR, in my experience. At the very least, the Navy always did it that way. So, America has no real standard at all.

In general, my European friends tend toward DD.MO.YEAR and get very irritated when someone does MO/DD/YEAR instead, if the month and day are both 12 or less, making it harder for someone to differentiate which is supposed to be month vs. day. For that reason, I long ago adopted the Navy style of doing things for personal use, so there can be no question which is which.

The only three places I know that use the format you posted...YEAR-MO-DD... are three of the distribution channels I load products to every week. Three sites out of fifteen. Hardly a standard format for dates, in my experience.

DML

This is an active message board. Yes, many of the same questions get asked repeatedly. But I don't ever understand why anyone would want to stifle discussion on a message board with a curt, "go look it up in old posts."

I'm just so dang happy whenever I walk into Cagney's I really don't care what's on the menu, whether or not it changes, or what they can whip up for me! :D

I can say I have never been disappointed in a meal there!

First cruise I noticed that the B&L menus had day one, day two, etc. And they really varied nicely. Now they don't. I just don't care!

I do love that breakfast buffet!

5_cagneys_breakfast_buffet-417x308.jpg

I'm just so dang happy whenever I walk into Cagney's I really don't care what's on the menu, whether or not it changes, or what they can whip up for me! :D

First cruise I noticed that the B&L menus had day one, day two, etc. And they really varied nicely. Now they don't. I just don't care!

45 days and counting......I can't wait for Crabcakes Benedict!!!:o

45 days and counting......I can't wait for Crabcakes Benedict!!!:o

First steak and scrambled eggs with grilled bell peppers on side and then a waffle with fresh strawberries and whipped cream... Nomnomnom, less than four weeks to go. :D

First steak and scrambled eggs with grilled bell peppers on side and then a waffle with fresh strawberries and whipped cream... Nomnomnom, less than four weeks to go. :D

STOP! I still have 6 1/2 weeks to go! And I forgot about steak and eggs.......:eek:

Agree with Cherylroslyn, also the search engine doesn't work so well with IPads / smartphones, and so many people are on devices these days. When you see a thread from 2011 bought to the top, others complain about newbies reviving old threads. Whatever love CC. Just upgraded to a suite for the first time, thanks to things I've learned on CC

Cheers

Saffy

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

...The only time I get frustrated by questions is when people are too lazy to even look on the first or second page of the forum to see if there is an active topic before they post.

Agree with this 100%.

As to searching:

By the way, searching on Tampa Hotels does find lots of hotels. Searching on just Tampa might help.

Agree with this 100%.

As to searching:

By the way, searching on Tampa Hotels does find lots of hotels. Searching on just Tampa might help.

Thanks.....I did find a link on one of the threads....it's great and listed all the Tampa hotels that have cruise/shuttle deals!! ;) It was pretty old....2008 if I remember correctly.....but it still gave me a pretty good idea of what brands check out.

I'm sorry, but what is unfortunate? The main dining room menus are the same every day also. If I am not mistaken there are about 8 or 9 different items on each menu. That should be plenty of variety for a 7 day cruise. Besides, if you have access to Cagney's you are in a suite and have access to a butler. With that butler access you can order anything your heart desires for ensuite dining.

How many restaurants do you know of that a different menu every day for lunch?

Trying doing a B2B in a suite as we did this year and last. The same lunch menu in Cagney's for 14 days is unfortunate.

The only time I'm disappointed is when they don't have the buffet!

Trying doing a B2B in a suite as we did this year and last. The same lunch menu in Cagney's for 14 days is unfortunate.

Been there done that. All of the other menus are the same as well.

You chose to take a back to back cruise knowing that the menus would be the same from week to week. How unfortunate!

Its funny, how many members here say "do a search" :o

Well, I just searched "Breakfast and Lunch Menus" (for MDR) and this is what came up:

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

I just did the same search and got 20 pages of response!!

So does anyone have a copy of the MDR lunch menu? (or know where we can view it)

Here you go: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30096540&postcount=5

EDIT: Nope, these were only dinner menus, I'll dig some more. :D

EDIT #2: Here is the current lunch menu, it's from Breakaway but the menu is the same fleetwide: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38533140&postcount=10

Here you go: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30096540&postcount=5

EDIT: Nope, these were only dinner menus, I'll dig some more. :D

EDIT #2: Here is the current lunch menu, it's from Breakaway but the menu is the same fleetwide: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38533140&postcount=10

Thanks so much!:)

That's strange when i go to McDonalds or any other restaurant for breakfast & lunch they have the same menu 7 days a week. Just got off the gem (June 15-22)

We ate at Cagney's and mdr . We asked our server and had no problems getting anything we asked for. The food was great and so was the service . If you eat at Cagney's ask for Josleep. He is the greatest! Mind you all the serverS are also great.

JOSLEEP WILL BE LEAVING THE GEM IN JULY HE IS BOUND FOR THE BREAKAWAY

Been there done that. All of the other menus are the same as well.

You chose to take a back to back cruise knowing that the menus would be the same from week to week. How unfortunate!

I bet. And the point is, after 14 days, the menu does get old. Since we cruise quite often, unlike most people, the menus from almost all the venues also get old.

I bet. And the point is, after 14 days, the menu does get old. Since we cruise quite often, unlike most people, the menus from almost all the venues also get old.

Agreed. That's why I was happy to see a new Cagney's dinner menu. Having something new was great!

Archived