Rental cars on Hi in September

DMRick

I have all my car rentals in place. Better to rent now and cancel if I have to, than to wait til it gets closer and either not have cars available, or pay double. All economy cars, but we do find we usually have a bigger car waiting for us, which we would rather not have.

Anyone see any bad choices? Thanks.

Honolulu (airport) $33.04 (total with taxes and fees) Thrifty

Maui - Kahului Airport $38.15 (total with taxes and fees) Thrifty

Kauai - Lihe Airport $30.49 (total etc)Thrifty

Kona - Luhia St, Kailua $42.57 (total etc) Enterprise

Hilo - Hilo Airport $37.98 (total, etc) Dollar

Jest want to make sure I did all the right places, for the ports we'll be coming into.

Honolulu, Maui, Kauai (Nawiliwili), Kona, Hilo.

Are you sure your ship is docking at Kahalui, or tendering at Lahaina? If tendering at Lahaina, your rental car would have to be in the Lahaina area. This is Maui- there are two possible stops there.

Agree, there is nothing wrong with early booking of rental cars. A smart thing to do is look again about 2 or 3 weeks prior, and see if the prices have fallen. We have saved considerable money this way.

It says Maui (Kahului), Hi on our print out, but I will double check it, Thanks.

Are you sure your ship is docking at Kahalui, or tendering at Lahaina? If tendering at Lahaina, your rental car would have to be in the Lahaina area. This is Maui- there are two possible stops there.

Agree, there is nothing wrong with early booking of rental cars. A smart thing to do is look again about 2 or 3 weeks prior, and see if the prices have fallen. We have saved considerable money this way.

DM Rick , I am on the Carnival cruise in April, so if you find out if you are tendering or docking, would you please post? I'm hopeful that since it is an overnight stay, that we dock vs. tendering. Thanks

We are going in September, and we are not overnighting. Wish we were! Looks like tendering is done in Kona, HI and Maui (Lahaina), HI. We are on the other side of Maui (Kahului) so we aren't tendering there.

Archived