cash needed for Passion Island catamaran tour? (with Carnival)

Kellie in Texas

Do we need to take cash on this tour? Lunch is provided in the cost of the tour. Should we tip the catamaran driver?

What about the water toys that are for rent? How much are they? Can we use Sign and Sail card or is that also cash?

Thanks for any info.

We have done this one twice. You only need cash for tips if you desire to give them,and for the few shops, but prices are not great there. Also, if you wanted to do hair braiding or massage. I usually give the boat driver a couple of dollars. If you don't mind the sun, ride on top. And also watch out for lower left (port) side as you can catch some spray if it is a little choppy. You cannot use your S&S card. Have fun. :)

Forgot to mention, if Manuel, a bartender by the food area, is still there, he is really good. Will post a photo of him. As far water toys, we did not use any. Too old.LOL :D I did tip Manuel a few dollars or so.Click on links for pics.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/sany2031l.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/sany1709.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/442/sany2028.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/sany1734.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/sany1711.jpg/

It makes me wonder why people post a thread' date=' ask for advice, get some , and never respond..You go to the trouble of posting photos , answer their questions, and NADA..If you do not care to respond, then kindly, DO NOT ASK..Thank you.[/quote']

It's the middle of a work week, people have lives, emergencies happen, sometimes everyone can't be on CC all the time. And now that the OP has been scolded, she might really not come back. But even if the original OP doesn't come back, you've still helped others like me. I enjoyed your photos and descriptions and appreciate you posting them.

We are planning on spending the day at Chankanaab on our next trip, but I'm interested in Passion Island. Did you happen to do any snorkeling there? Was it any good?

And thanks in advance for your response!:)

Centex, you've been very helpful with all the info on Passion Island and I believe I have thanked you for that previously, especially the photos. And as kwbound says, I have been very busy at work, trying to get ready to be gone for a week. We operate almost entirely with our debit cards and almost never carry cash, so I want to make sure I am doing the proper thing with tipping the folks who are not on the ship, but help with the excursions, etc. I am not logged in to Cruisecritic 100% of the time, as it appears some people are, so sorry for not replying back immediately. Life has intervened in the past few days.

I do not think it would be all that great for snorkeling, but very nice otherwise ,and a nice boat ride..I really did not mean to scold them , but have seen this a few times where they never respond..

Thanks for the snorkeling info. I think we will stick with Chankanaab.

We take our own mugs with us to Passion Island. Their cups are very small. The bar was pretty far away from the beach when we went. From recent pictures it looks like they have it closer to the water now. We also tipped a dollar or two each time we visited the bar. Have fun! It is one of my most favorite places on Earth.

Loved Passion Island ... wonderful day!

DH tipped our bartender when we first arrived and again when we left. He also tipped a couple of others who had been very helpful.

CENTEX, as always, your pictures are great!

LuLu

~~~~

It makes me wonder why people post a thread' date=' ask for advice, get some , and never respond..You go to the trouble of posting photos , answer their questions, and NADA..If you do not care to respond, then kindly, DO NOT ASK..Thank you.[/quote']

I'm sorry I completely disagree. It's a forum board not a personal e-mail. While a thank you is certainly appreciated and not much work, I certainly don't think it's a requirement. And in this case the OP was only 2 DAYS AGO! Maybe they aren't going on their cruise for 6 months and/or only logging on once a week or even once a month.

If it wasn't all the great advice I get from this website, I would certainly not suffer thru all the negative posts.:( I just don't understand why you would complain about something like this. If it makes you mad that people don't say thank you - the best way to make them suffer would be to not let them have the benefit of your great advice. :)

In case you've responded to a post of mine and I didn't say thank you - please accept my sincere apologies and great appreciation (absolutely no sarcasm!)! I really do appreciate all the great advice I have received on this board!:):):) Keep it coming everybody!!:D

Wow Bad day , I though maybe it was like a year and nobody came back, I have posted on the island pages and waited a few days before I checked back as a lot of times people don't answer these for up to a week. It is nice if people respond and most do but don't think they need to check it every 5 minutes.

On the subject we LOVE Passion Island been there like 5 times know most of them by name , and like most have said tips are appreciated and they work hard Leo is our Buddy there have know him for like 5 years did our first trip there with him.

Just so you know , I did apologize to Kellie on another thread..I told her that a while back someone asked for specific info, photos, advice, etc, which I complied with. They never bothered to say a thing or answer back. I was raised to know it is polite to do so. But , like I told her, I should not have said what I did..I hope you will accept my apology as well..

Thanks for that Lulu..:)

Loved Passion Island ... wonderful day!

DH tipped our bartender when we first arrived and again when we left. He also tipped a couple of others who had been very helpful.

CENTEX, as always, your pictures are great!

LuLu

~~~~

Yes, all is well. Just made the last-minute trip to Wal-Mart for a couple of things. Piles of clothes on all the beds. Brand-new tube of super-strength sunscreen ready to go. After we get back, I'll post again and answer all my own questions. ;)

It's all good. Hope everyone has a great cruise we just booked Passion Island for like the 5th time for our Dream cruise can't go wrong there

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived