Horse Drawn Carriage ride in Acadia NP?

GweninTX

We are considering doing this and wonder if others have done it and was it great? We are definitely going to take Oli's trolley up there and are considering doing this carriage ride while there. Is this doable? We will be there on 9/24 while on a Princess cruise. Thanks so much!

If you are taking Oli's trolley, you won't have time to do anything else in the park. You would need to find another way to the park to get the carriage ride.

So if you take the trolley you cannot get on and off? Our ship is in port till 7. How would you recommend going to Acadia if you also want to do the horse drawn carriage ride?

So if you take the trolley you cannot get on and off? Our ship is in port till 7. How would you recommend going to Acadia if you also want to do the horse drawn carriage ride?

I found this link in another post. It is free. Your route would be first Campground route (#1) then Loop Road (#4) to Wildwood (where stables are).

http://www.exploreacadia.com/

By Bus: Explore the area independently with the Island Explorer, a free shuttle bus with routes that link the village center to attractions in Acadia National Park. To get to the park entrance and visitor center, take the Campground route (#1) bus, which departs Village Green every 30 minutes. The ride takes 10 minutes. To visit Cadillac Mountain or Jordan House, you'll need to take the Loop Road route (#4) from the Visitor Center at the park entrance. The Sand Beach/Blackwoods route (#3) departs Village Green every 30 minutes and takes about 20 minutes to get to Thunder Hole.

Oli's Trolley is a tour. There are a few stops where you get off, but you are expected to get back on. Its not a hop on hop off trolley.

I found this link in another post. It is free. Your route would be first Campground route (#1) then Loop Road (#4) to Wildwood (where stables are).

http://www.exploreacadia.com/

By Bus: Explore the area independently with the Island Explorer, a free shuttle bus with routes that link the village center to attractions in Acadia National Park. To get to the park entrance and visitor center, take the Campground route (#1) bus, which departs Village Green every 30 minutes. The ride takes 10 minutes. To visit Cadillac Mountain or Jordan House, you'll need to take the Loop Road route (#4) from the Visitor Center at the park entrance. The Sand Beach/Blackwoods route (#3) departs Village Green every 30 minutes and takes about 20 minutes to get to Thunder Hole.

None of the Island Explorer routes go to the summit of Cadillac Mountain. For that, you'll have to do a private tour. A route #5 bus stops at Jordan Pond and can be boarded at the Bar Harbor Village Green. There is no need to use the route #4 bus to visit JP.

Thanks for letting me know that I cannot hop on and off. Now--- has anyone taken the carriage ride? Is it fun?

I've done 2 carriage rides: the Day Mountain Summit and Mr Rockefeller's Bridge Tour. I had a really great time on both and am now looking to do a third tour.

SBtS

Archived