Do stateroom TVs have audio input jacks ?

JennysUncle

Do the TV/DVD units in the staterooms have RCA (red/white) or 3.5 mm jacks for audio input' date=' to play music from an MP3 device through the TV speakers ? This probably varies by ship; I'm more interested in the Zaandam.[/quote']

Maybe is the best answer I have right now. Problem is that while HAL uses mostly LG flatscreens there isn't one specific model from ship to ship and even on a specific ship televisions get replaced or changed out at different intervals so what's in cabin XYZ is not necessarily the same model as the cabin next door. That said some have been able to use an assortment of connections for iPODs/iPADs, video cameras, DVD players, etc., etc., while others have reported no access to any type of connectors. Personally I just carry small travel speakers.

Do the TV/DVD units in the staterooms have RCA (red/white) or 3.5 mm jacks for audio input' date=' to play music from an MP3 device through the TV speakers ? This probably varies by ship; I'm more interested in the Zaandam.[/quote']

Here is what we have done in the past and plan on doing starting this Sunday :D

It is hit or miss having access to the back of the TV, but we have never had a problem with access to the back of the DVD player. We remove the RCA connections from the DVD player and add our own supplied Female to Female RCA adapters and then plug into our 3.5mm male to RCA male plug. Of course if you have a 3.5mm male to RCA female then you don't need the adapters.

Sidenote on Carnival this Christmas we had access to the back of the TV, but because they have the interactive TV(your bill on screen, etc) the ability to change inputs was locked out. :mad:

Let me know if you have any questions.

I had no problem hooking up a Nintendo Wii, which uses composite (yellow/white/red) cables, on the Westerdam and the Eurodam. I haven't been on a ship that DIDN'T have an accessible composite input in the past six years.

It may depend on what cabin category you have. My Ocean View cabins have always had the tv mounted in a corner such that the tv would not move and the back panel was not accessible

Great idea, waASPCrusier, I do recall that the DVD has been mounted under the shelf. And I do already have a headphone-jack to female RCA adapter already in my box of junk.

My experience has been that the shipboard music channels are the same from ship to ship, and they repeat after only a few hours, so bringing some tunes of my own would allow some variety.

My experience has been that the shipboard music channels are the same from ship to ship' date=' and they repeat after only a few hours, so bringing some tunes of my own would allow some variety.[/quote']

The music channels and playlists are the same fleetwide.

I did discover on my recent cruise, though, that at least one channel has changed formats, and the others did seem (from my brief, occasional forays over to them) to be new playlists, too.

So, if for some reason your play won't work, then give the music channels another try.

Do you spend that much time in your cabin that you need those kind of hookups? I would rather go listen to live music or be sitting somewhere else on the ship than in the cabin.

Do you spend that much time in your cabin that you need those kind of hookups? I would rather go listen to live music or be sitting somewhere else on the ship than in the cabin.

Maybe they want romantic mood music.....personally I'm retired but only from work. ;)

Great minds think alike....

Besides, it gets boring hearing the same soundtrack every morning while getting up and every evening while getting ready for bed - for 21 days.

Then there are the noro-quarantines, when you get tired of watching the excursion ad channel.

Archived