RCCL Visa Points

Please forgive my ignorance, but I can't find the exact info I need and have not been on these boards in forever. I had a bit of a health issue and am now looking to have a little fun with the family.

I need to know the exact process for the RCCL Visa Points. Do u book a cruise first? Who do u call to get the RCCL certificate that they send u? Who do u call to redeem the certificate? How far in advance of a cruise do u need to order the certificate? What are any other time limits??? Basically I need to know the entire process step by step from someone very knowledgable on the subject. To make it easier I am redeeming 50,000 points for a 4 night cruise on my credit card account and my husband is redeeming a 4 night cruise on his credit card account. We want to do a back to back. We also want to bring our son and need to know how this affects and works in with the redeeming a free cruise.

I really appreciate all the help I know I will receive. I remember being able to find out so much great information using these boards, and from such kind and knowledgable people. Thank u in advance. :D

Book the cruises first, then go to the website below to redeem points. There are no coupons anymore. Since you are booking the free cruise, I'd redeem at least 2 weeks before final payment. Your son coming along has no bearing on your credit. Your credit will be determined by the value of the least expensive available OV stateroom (priced for 2 guests) at the time you redeem the points.

Redemption website:

https://www.managerewardsonline.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

Here's a publication with all the rules:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/bofa_program_rules.pdf

Thank you......I will start the looking process. Is it ok to book a cruise for July of next year and still be able to use the points since it is a year away?

Sure, it does not matter when the cruise is booked.

The only caution I would add is that points expire 5 years from earning them, so you would want to apply them to a cruise before they expire.

Glad your health is better and you are able to enjoy another cruise with your family.

Another concern about booking a cruise 12 months from now and applying the points is the difficulty you might have in changing the cruise or even cancelling.

I had a huge amount of points expiring over the next few months (5,000 - 6,000 a month) so I went ahead and booked a cruise for next April and requested the points be applied. Big risk, but for once it will force DH to take the cruise that is booked and not make a change. ;)

Is there something about 180 days to redeem points?

That was when they used coupons, you had 180 days to apply a coupon to a cruise. Since coupons are not used anymore, that time limit is gone.

Glad your health is better and you are able to enjoy another cruise with your family.

Another concern about booking a cruise 12 months from now and applying the points is the difficulty you might have in changing the cruise or even cancelling.

I had a huge amount of points expiring over the next few months (5,000 - 6,000 a month) so I went ahead and booked a cruise for next April and requested the points be applied. Big risk, but for once it will force DH to take the cruise that is booked and not make a change. ;)

You can change the reservation as long as you keep the same booking number. They will re-apply whatever award you have on it. If for anything other than OBC or reduced cruise fare they will use the current prices if you change.(upgrades or free cruises)

You can change the reservation as long as you keep the same booking number. They will re-apply whatever award you have on it. If for anything other than OBC or reduced cruise fare they will use the current prices if you change.(upgrades or free cruises)

I have had to do it with DH too many times to count. So I told him on this one - it can't be changed. ;)

1. Reward Redemptions expire one hundred and eighty (180) days from date of transaction.

This is from the web site where you redeem your points,it's under the conditions tab where you select what discount you want.

John

1. Reward Redemptions expire one hundred and eighty (180) days from date of transaction.

This is from the web site where you redeem your points,it's under the conditions tab where you select what discount you want.

John

Looks like they need to up date the wording. Certificates for Points fell under the 180 day expiration clause because you had to call BofA to have certificates issued which you then sent in to C&A. Those are not issued any longer.

Once you have redeemed your points on-line you must apply them to a booking..........so the 180 day expiration does not apply any longer.

Archived