Money Bar Easy Question

miss_rach

Going to catch a cab there and spend a few hours snorkeling then cab back for some shoping/eating/drinking. Are there restrooms there at the Money Bar that we can change in/out of our cloths? Hoe about lockers to lock out stuff in while we are in the water?

Cheers!

Yes and Yes

Restrooms are very nice! Big, Very Clean, Tiled. They also have an outdoor shower somewhere that you can rinse off.

They do have lockers. They are on the backside of the hut where you can rent snorkel equipment (locker, etc). They give you a padlock to use with a key on a cord to wear around your neck (be sure it doesn't float off while snorkeling!). Lockers are big enough for a large beach bag or two. Maybe a little ricketly looking but I was comfortable leaving my belongings in it. Both times I've been there there hasn't been a lot of people around.

I've gone to the Money Bar the last 2 years in a row and thinking about going again in August! Learned about it on CC. First yr - DD18 and I went and there was no one there and I thought my DD was going to kill me but not only did she like it, she's the one that wants to go back in Aug (she's now 20). We had our own snorkel equipment so we just rented a locker and went snorkeling right off shore. Then came back in and had delicious margaritas and guacamole for breakfast!! (Think we had some nachos or quesadillas too.) Then went to Senior Frog's, shopping & Fat Tuesdays.

Last year went with husband. He rented snorkel equipment and my mask broke there so I wound up renting a mask. DH is pickier but he enjoyed it too though he can't understand why we are thinking about going again instead of somewhere different. My DD20 and I seem to be on the same page though. ;) Thinking we might do Money Bar first then head over to Paradise Beach for some beach time.

Come to think of it I know the lockers are big enough for 2 large beach bags because I take 2 with me to fit everything:

Snorkel Equipment

Towels (I take Carnival's beach towels & maybe a couple of hand towels - just be sure they make it back!!)

Swimsuits (or Shorts/T-shirts/underclothes depending on what your wear there)

Suntan Lotion

Brush, comb

Small change purse, cash, S&S, DL

Camera

Etc.

For what it's worth, we left all our stuff on the beach chairs and had no problems. However, there was no money in our bag- husband wears a money pouch under his swimsuit. But still, no one stole our bag, towels, clothes, sunscreen, etc.

We loved Money Bar. Enough that it convinced us to go back to Cozumel for a week.

For those of you that love The Money Bar, can you tell me what you guys did there for fun? This will my mine and DH first cruise and first time in Cozumel. Did anyone do the guided snorkel? Or have a massage? What did you enjoy or thought was a waste. Thanks in advance.

-Tiffany

For those of you that love The Money Bar, can you tell me what you guys did there for fun? This will my mine and DH first cruise and first time in Cozumel. Did anyone do the guided snorkel? Or have a massage? What did you enjoy or thought was a waste. Thanks in advance.

-Tiffany

What we did for fun:

Snorkeled, a lot.

Layed on the beach and enjoyed a lazy day in the sun.

Ate delicious nachos and enjoyed fruity drinks delivered to my chair.

But mostly, snorkeled.

Massages looked good but they were at typical American prices (way cheaper than the ship)- not the $25 for an hour massage some Mexican beaches have. There was no need for a snorkel guide, but we did bring our own equipment, rental looked easy though.

Also, clean bathrooms.

Trip report:

http://skittl1321.blogspot.com/2012/05/triumph-cruise-day-4-april-17-2012.html

I have been to the Money Bar numerous times and love it. I always snorkel first, then have lunch and some drinks, then a massage.

Food is great, beer is cold and service is happy!

We have always left all our stuff on our chair. Money and ship card is with me in pouch and my camera is waterproof so it's with me too. Never used a locker, doesn't seem like that kind of place. Also, you can see your stuff from the water.

Not much else to do there but watch all the snorkel boats arrive.

Deviated and went to another beach club last trip :mad: Now we know Money Bar is our spot.

• 1 month later...
Ok thank... Is the snorkeling just as good here as it is at chankannab?

Yes! :D Depending upon the time of day, moon cycle and weather there is sometimes a current to deal with - easy enough to walk "up current", enter the water and then drift "down" (instead of fighting it) and then exit the water. After doing this a few times you will need some liquid refreshment! :rolleyes:

Thanks... What else is near there? Any local bars or restaurants? Anything else to do within walking distance?

Where is the best shopping and how far is it from money bar or puerta maya pier?

Money Bar is about a $10 cab ride (for up to 4 in a taxi) from the piers and offers good food, drinks :D, gear rentals, & lockers; they also offer massage service there. You'll find better shopping near the piers. Good luck! :)

Archived