Secret Deck on the Westerdam??

mandm97

This will be our 1st time on HAL...on our other cruises there seemed to be a secret deck/doorway that got you to an area most people did not know about. Does the Westerdam have any secret doorways that lead to a quiet deck?

Thanks!

This will be our 1st time on HAL...on our other cruises there seemed to be a secret deck/doorway that got you to an area most people did not know about. Does the Westerdam have any secret doorways that lead to a quiet deck?

Thanks!

I'm eagerly awaiting an answer to this one too....nothing like a secret, quiet deck where I can sit and read and think....ahhhh!

Thanks!

Go to the deck the Crow's Nest is on. Instead of going to the lounge, head the other way outdoors. I'm thinking it is the Observation Deck (10). In March when DH and I went out there we only saw 3-4 other people around. There are some loungers, some patio type chairs. I think this is the "joggers" deck ... but we saw no only walking, jogging, or running.

There are several little-used forward balconies on the W'dam that are accessible to passengers, but the reason that they are little-used is that there are no chairs/loungers there, just SRO.

One deck that is lightly used but has loungers is on top of the Crow's Nest.

I love how people believe that today, in the age of the Internet, and Cruise Critic with well over 30 miliion posts, that there is some secrets still out there, being successfully hidden from millions of cruisers every year.. A little time on this board would reveal very little can be kept secret anymore...

I don't know about secret decks, but its been my experience on 4 Westerdam cruises that very few people seem to know about the forward Sports Deck (Deck 11). And if they do know about it, they don't bother to go there much. Every time I have been on that deck its been mostly deserted. There are pleny of lounge chairs there and lots of sunshine.

I don't know about secret decks, but its been my experience on 4 Westerdam cruises that very few people seem to know about the forward Sports Deck (Deck 11). And if they do know about it, they don't bother to go there much. Every time I have been on that deck its been mostly deserted. There are pleny of lounge chairs there and lots of sunshine.

Excellent..........just what I was looking for! Every ship I've been on seems to have a quiet spot somewhere!!

Thanks for all the input!

Go to the deck the Crow's Nest is on. Instead of going to the lounge, head the other way outdoors. I'm thinking it is the Observation Deck (10). In March when DH and I went out there we only saw 3-4 other people around. There are some loungers, some patio type chairs. I think this is the "joggers" deck ... but we saw no only walking, jogging, or running.

Thanks! Just what I was looking for!!

Yes there is access to the bow I went there a couple of times on the Westerdam in 2008. If I remember correctly there was an unmarked door on the starbord side on the 5th or 5th deck. It was like the scene on the Titanic

Yes there is access to the bow ...

Ordinarily you are only allowed out on the bow during periods of low-speed "scenic cruising" such as in the Panama canal or Glacier National Park. Anyway, the OP is looking for a quiet deck with chairs, and that is not the case in the bow area.

I love how people believe that today, in the age of the Internet, and Cruise Critic with well over 30 miliion posts, that there is some secrets still out there, being successfully hidden from millions of cruisers every year.. A little time on this board would reveal very little can be kept secret anymore...

Things can be kept secret, they just aren't -- it's human nature to tell secrets, not keep them!! :D I read every thread on secrets -- to learn, not to tell! Believe me, if I knew of a secret deck or nook, I would never tell about it -- I would keep it all to myself!

But keeping secrets makes most people feel like they are going to explode!

Archived