Changing cruise passengers on an existing reservation?

I have a reservation I made for a friend and her son while on board jewel with the loyalty ambassador and got reduced deposit and onboard credit. They are unable to go now, and when I tried to call and change the passengers I was told that one passenger needed to remain on the reservation in order to keep it. This was after the rep told me she spoke to the resolutions desk, and further said this "one passenger must remain the same" is a new rule. Of course the fare has gone up over $250 per person, and I also lose the onboard credit if I just cancel and book a new reservation. Anyone had any recent experiences with this? Should I try to go back to the resolutions department, or am I fighting a list cause?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't think that is that "new" of a rule as it's been around for as long as I have been around CC. One of the reasons for this you answered in your OP. People would be able to reserve cruises and if prices went up they could resell and make a profit on the aftermarket. If didn't go up, just cancel and receive deposit back.

Gregg

I have a reservation I made for a friend and her son while on board jewel with the loyalty ambassador and got reduced deposit and onboard credit. They are unable to go now, and when I tried to call and change the passengers I was told that one passenger needed to remain on the reservation in order to keep it. This was after the rep told me she spoke to the resolutions desk, and further said this "one passenger must remain the same" is a new rule. Of course the fare has gone up over $250 per person, and I also lose the onboard credit if I just cancel and book a new reservation. Anyone had any recent experiences with this? Should I try to go back to the resolutions department, or am I fighting a list cause?

That is correct the main passenger must stay the same, all others may be changed.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the replies, have booked a lot of cruises with royal, and I know I've done some changing around in the past, but obviously never both passengers. Guess the policy makes sense. Never thought of the concept of selling cruises on the aftermarket to make a profit

Archived