Opinion on Fascination after the Victory?

DirtDiver

We went on the June 6th cruise on the Victory to Key West and Cozumel, and had an amazing time. It really couldn't have been better. We really enjoyed every aspect of the ship.

Now, one of our friends has a birthday coming up on August 1, and we are looking to be on a cruise for his birthday. Of all the cruises we can go on, it looks like the one we have narrowed it down to is the Fascination out of Jacksonville on August 1 going to Freeport and Nassau.

The problem I have is, after going on the larger Victory, how is the Fascination going to be? I've heard from several people that once you go on the larger ships, the smaller ones are just not that great.

What are your thoughts?

I love the smaller ships. Largest I've been on is the dream. With that said minus the steak house the only thing the fascination will lack is size. The fantasy class is great. They have the best serenity deck of any class I think. It is on the back of the ship. (Deck9 aft). Though as long as I'm on a cruise any carnival ship will do. Lol

The great thing about the Fascination is the ease of everything. Parking is cheap and easy, embarkation/debarkation are a breeze, and with the smaller number of guests, lines are non-existant. I've been on big and small ships, but I really enjoyed this cruise. I have to say though, one of the best things about this cruise was a visit to Half Moon Cay, which your ship unfortunately does not visit. If you can get a good price on the Fascination, I would do it. However, I would not pay more for it.

I too love the fascination - have been on both several times.

I think folks who have been on the mega ships with all the bells and whistles (and actually like that) might have a hard time "trading down", but if you liked the Victory I think you'll like the fascination.

I have been both on the Conquest and Fantasy ships. I live in Miami so for a quick get away weekend, I sail on the smaller ships. You will be so happy to be aboard a ship that you will not worry about the size.

I will be sailing aboard the Carnival Breeze in 2 weeks. I can't wait.

we have cruised the Fascination 3 times and getting ready to go on our 4th. It is a great ship.......every ship has its own unique vibe and really is what you make of it. We have sailed her after sailing the larger ships and some thing I like better on the Fascination than on the larger ones and some things are better on the larger. Go enjoy and have fun after all you will be on a cruise!!!:D

I also am a big fan of the Fantasy class ships. The lido deck pool is better. There is no Jumbotron. If you loved the Jumbotron on the Victory, sorry not on this ship.

You know, i hope they don't fase out this class by selling them off as they get older. Once they are gone, I hope they will decide to make some more ships like them or like the Spirit class. Not everyone likes the giant ships.

Also a big fan of the fantasy class ships...just feel at home when sailing:). And not a huge fan of the jumbotron either....

I really like that there are hardly ever any lines...the ships don't feel crowded and think service is more personalized.

Haven't been on the Victory but have been on the Dream and on the Freedom and I still prefer the Fantasy class...we are going on the Fascination for the 4th time in November....that is one of my favorite ships!

Archived