Snorkeling at Chankanaab National Park

has anyone been snorkeling there very recently that could tell me if snorkel vests were required so I have time to order them in before our cruise at the end of august. I have seen several pictures online that people are not wearing them at Chankanaab so please help thanks

This is not what you asked but I will put my 2 cents in. We use snorkel vests always as a just in case thing. You can leave them un inflated unless you get out there and need help. A couple of puffs and you can float for a while. Just ordered new ones cheap off amazon 2 for $66. Going to Cozumel in less then 2 weeks.

For many years, according to everyone on here, snorkel vest have always been a requirement. Now do everyone always wear them? No. But, most do. The area there where you snorkel can get a little rough at times.

If you don't want to buy any vest, they do have them there to rent FOR FREE. This is at the snorkel vest ONLY shack. If you try to rent them from the snorkel equipment area (which is right next to the vest shack basically), then they charge you. Just a thought if you wanted to save some $$ and not have to buy them. :)

• 2 weeks later...

It always seemed if you were snorkeling on a cruiseline excursion, you had to wear the vest (guess for insurance reasons?).

But, I do know there was 1 cruiseline excursion we did a few years ago and they didn't mandate it (which, I thought was strange at the time).

just a guess tho..... :rolleyes:

• 9 months later...