Entree's covered in alcohol

mosiegirl

I'm allergic to alcohol and figured I could enjoy a cruise without having to drink.. but in reading some of the menu's for the various cruises, I find a lot of the food items I'm interested in on the entree's are dipped/dragged/drizzled/spotted/laced in alcohol? Is there anyway to order an entree without the added booze?

If you see something on the menu you like ask them if they can do it without the acohol. some sauces are prepared in a big batch so maybe just avoid that kind of food.

You may want to speak to the head chef earlier in the day to see if this is possible.

Mosie, don't worry. On every menu I've seen on three different lines, there are at least six different entrees offered every evening, and maybe one will have a 'wine sauce'. The menu will describe the entree. Believe me, you'll have no problem. If in doubt, ask your waiter. Enjoy!:)

Since almost all the dishes and sauces that have alcohol in them are cooked the alcohol has been burned off. If that is what you are allegeric to, and not some other component, you should not have a problem.

But you know your body better than anyone else so if you think it will be a problem let your waiter know. I have seen them try and be very accomondating in these kinds of circumstances.

Calm seas,

Caroline

• 4 weeks later...

Tell your waiter and he should get your Head Waiter, I do this and they always give me the next nights menu and I pick out what I want and they prepare it without the booze. They always tell me what dishes have booze and what deserts have booze. So it really helps out, RCI was the best at doing this. I always give the Head Waiter a nice tip for doing this! It was the hardest on NCL, because almost everything had booze in it.

Archived