Dress Code--more questions (oh no!)

CHK

Charming.

The example of an entire ship hired for a nudist cruise is interesting, but hardly applicable to the circumstances we're talking about here. I would not wish, nor do I think I should be expected, to sit down to dinner with naked people on a cruise ship.

Whitemarsh,

Further, I would hope that the chair seats are properly and appropriately covered. I hope I forget this whole thought process on my next QM2 voyage.

By the way, you won me over after your report of your PG experience. You have not disappointed since then.

Jeanne (real name)

I don't want to sit at the dinner table on a cruise ship with naked people, I don't care what their national customs are.

Whitemarsh,

Well, it would solve the dress code debate.:rolleyes: There would be none. :eek: Of course, that would put the fashion police out of work at a time of high unemployment (would that be racism against fashion police:confused:) Sadly, there would be no more entertaining dress code threads to read.:cool:

I love naked food but do not want to mix my naked food with naked bodies...not even with the naked chief.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Naked-Chef-Jamie-Oliver/dp/1401308236

would make an exception for the blond guy in the second photo though.

:D

Whitemarsh,

Further, I would hope that the chair seats are properly and appropriately covered. I hope I forget this whole thought process on my next QM2 voyage.

Me, too! :eek:

By the way, you won me over after your report of your PG experience. You have not disappointed since then.

Jeanne (real name)

best regards,

seasidegal

Whitemarsh,

Jeanne (real name)

Thank you Jeanne :):) Glad you enjoyed it (I assume you're talking about 2012). Are you going on the Dec Caribbean cruise this year (I presume there's one).

You raise a valid point, I don't think it's fair to expect people to occupy chairs that have been recently vacated by naked people. That's altogether too much. I mean, what happens if it's a hot day and the naked people have retired to the Chart Room or Commodore Club for a cool beverage after a brisk walk around the promenade deck, are we really expected to utilise the same seats after said sweaty naked people have vacated them?

I find other cultures interesting, but I draw the line at naked people wandering around the public areas on a Cunard ship.

I don't want to sit at the dinner table on a cruise ship with naked people, I don't care what their national customs are.

I would make an exception for the blond guy in the second photo though. :)

Yeah,me too.

Especially with glass tables. :eek:

Can you imagine! :eek:

Well, it would solve the dress code debate.:rolleyes: There would be none. :eek:

best regards,

seasidegal

Until such a time as public nudity becomes mandatory on Cunard ships (talk about relaxing the dress code!) there will always be work for the FP. :D

Yeah,me too.

Can you imagine! :eek:

Until such a time as public nudity becomes mandatory on Cunard ships (talk about relaxing the dress code!) there will always be work for the FP. :D

Which would beg the question: Could one still be classified a 'Cunard Snob' if said non-dress code was adopted? :confused:

wondering....:rolleyes:

seasidegal

I have heard rumours that the Todd English restaurant on QM2 is to become a dark restaurant run by the Blind-Liecht Foundation of Switzerland.

Of course, in a dark restaurant, what clothes you wear, and even if you were naked, would not matter. :eek:

Which would beg the question: Could one still be classified a 'Cunard Snob' if said non-dress code was adopted? :confused:

wondering....:rolleyes:

seasidegal

Being a "Cunard Snob" involves more than issues of dress. In any event, the naked dress code would not preclude the wearing of jewels.

Being a "Cunard Snob" involves more than issues of dress. In any event, the naked dress code would not preclude the wearing of jewels.

Certainly not! Yikes! No one would expect removal of the family jewels! :eek:

Salacia (not my real name)

Louise,

Hopefully they would be strategically placed when worn.;)

Whitemarsh:

"Quite right. I knew that you (and Dita) would think of a way to turn the revised dress code into something tasteful"....Louise.

So true, Louise. Whitemarsh...You are priceless! :D

seasidegal

I can see that, in the small time since my last visit, this place has deteriorated even more -- I wouldn't have thought it possible.

I wonder if Cunard are aware of the deleterious impact this place has upon their bookings?

Barry

I can see that, in the small time since my last visit, this place has deteriorated even more -- I wouldn't have thought it possible.

I wonder if Cunard are aware of the deleterious impact this place has upon their bookings?

Barry

Run Barry, run, as far away from here as you can before you are tainted by association.

I expect that our activities probably increase bookings amongst certain demographics - although clearly not yours.

Run Barry, run, as far away from here as you can before you are tainted by association.

I expect that our activities probably increase bookings amongst certain demographics - although clearly not yours.

Hi Louise D. Who are those that comprise the group that you refer to and what are the activities that you believe increase bookings "amongst certain demographics"?

Bunch of stuff and nonsense. Increasingly, this forum bears little reflection of the passengers on board Cunards ships.

Hi Louise D. Who are those that comprise the group that you refer to and what are the activities that you believe increase bookings "amongst certain demographics"?

Bunch of stuff and nonsense. Increasingly, this forum bears little reflection of the passengers on board Cunards ships.

I expect that by "our demographics" she means people that don't simply post on the Cunard board to start fights.

I find it interesting that you have taken issue with Louise's post, describing it as a "bunch of stuff and nonsense" - yet you have no issue with Bazzaw's statement that this forum is having a "deleterious effect on bookings" - a statement made without any evidence or facts to back it up. That statement you're seemingly fine with?

Answer: Persons with an open mind and a sense of humour and the activities which flow naturally therefrom.

It is a sad comment that you believe "this forum bears little reflection of the passengers on board Cunard's ships". Perhaps this may perhaps be more of a reflection upon yourself and those with whom you mix, rather than a sweeping generalisation to be applied to all passengers.

I expect that by "our demographics" she means people that don't simply post on the Cunard board to start fights.
Very well said :) .
I find it interesting that you have taken issue with Louise's post, describing it as a "bunch of stuff and nonsense" - yet you have no issue with Bazzaw's statement that this forum is having a "deleterious effect on bookings" - a statement made without any evidence or facts to back it up. That statement you're seemingly fine with?
Good point.

Furthermore, Bazzaw is surely mistaken if he thinks that any posts/reports on this board (which is not read by the vast majority of passengers), good/bad or indifferent, has any effect on bookings (except in a tiny and almost immeasurable way).

Answer: Persons with an open mind and a sense of humour and the activities which flow naturally therefrom.

It is a sad comment that you believe "this forum bears little reflection of the passengers on board Cunard's ships". Perhaps this may perhaps be more of a reflection upon yourself and those with whom you mix, rather than a sweeping generalisation to be applied to all passengers.

I think we need to understand that there are those who read & contribute to this forum but have never actually stepped foot on a Cunard ship. It's quite possible that they have preconceived ideas about what it's like on board which don't align with what they read here.

This may prompt them to make unkind statements about what is written here and what happens on board - I'm guessing.

Archived