Photo Rewards???

mustardgirl

So I'm going through our upcoming funtimes and I noticed where it says ... "MY REWARDS: DON’T YOU JUST LOVE FREE STUFF?

Ask your photo host how to start earning rewards for all FunShots, Cruise Collectibles, and ProPortraits photo purchases today!"

Anyone know anything about this?? Does this mean that if you buy so many photos they take onboard you get some free???:confused:

Thanks in advance for your answers

There were rewards for for the number of pics bought. I think the first one was a pic of the ship, then there was an insulated cup that you can put your picture in. Also if I remember right there might have been a frame of some sort. The final gift was a flash drive that contains several pictures of the the ship. they will also load all the pictures that you have bought on it (for an additional charge). Don't recall how much but it was less than $10. I also do not remember how many pics for each level.

Hope this helps some.

I actually filled up my first rewards card and moved to the next one. I believe it was numbered 1 - 10 on the first card and you could earn 3 free gifts? Don't remember exactly but when we filled that one up, we got the 11 - 20 card with all new gifts....I didn't fill that one up though. I buy several pics because I always get embarkation and one from each port :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'm a HUGE picture buyer! This is the best news Ive heard! here's a question for you. Both my mom and I will have OBC and will be on separate sign and. Sail passes. Can we share our card or do they have names on them?

Can't share. Needs to be done all on the same S&S card. They aren't super strict if you catch your mistake quickly, though. I used my card, but DH had the rewards in his name. They let us punch the rewards card when we realized the mistake, but we had just checked out.

I did this in May. Every few photos, you earn a free gift. Nothing spectacular. A free 4x6 photo of the ship......a travel mug you can put your own photo inside the liner....

When you buy 10 photos, you get a flash drive. (Didn't realize it already has ship photos on it....I'll have to try to download them). For $10, they will load any 10 photos you've purchased onto it. This made it easy to load onto my computer at home. I also took the flashdrive directly to WalMart and printed more copies on their machine.

They have specials throughout the cruise too. One of the Carnival photo albums was on sale on day for $6.95. I bought one just to take home our photos we'd purchased without bending them.

It seemed like each time I wandered by the photos & wanted to buy one, my rewards card was in the room. A little inconvenient.

I have a small black Carnival photo album, bought it five cruises ago.

I take it with me when I cruise, because I buy 2 or 3 of the smaller 5x7 sized pics

and it's just about filled now.

LONG ago I ditched the prospect of 8x10s

mainly because I have difficulties with mortgage companies to finance their purchase.

This last cruise 2 weeks ago, the price of 5x7s have shot up! :eek:

My eyes opened when my sail and sign card was charged $24 for two.

5 mins. later I found another shot I wanted, so I bought it.

That was fifteen dollars. Okay...so it was $14.99.

Album's just about full now.

A few pages left to fill, but they shall be remaining empty!

Sorry Carnival, but you and "Pixels" (whoever they may be) just broke thru my resistance ceiling.

I will no longer pay $12-15 each for smaller sized snapped pics on the gangway.

It's simply not worth it.

I am done buying photos on board:

- they used to be a good deal for an item I shall have years, decades from now

but enough is enough, and I'm D.O.N.E.

I totally agree, Applemac, that the photos are much, much, too pricey. I feel that if they dropped the price in half, they would sell more than double the pictures, hence making up the difference. In addition, there would be far less waste of pitched pictures, and more happy guests proudly displaying Carnival Cruise pictures which would be free advertising,

With all that being said- I'm

Still hooked on the pictures and will likely buying many on our upcoming Baltic cruise. I don't drink at all, so the money I spend is a fraction of the cost others accrue in bar bills. At least, that's my justification for spending hundreds of dollars on pictures. Lol!

We didn't buy any on our Freedom cruise. The pictures were poorly taken and poorly edited (if they were even edited). There were shadows on our faces and some had poor focus. For the price we would pay, take a little more time making sure you got the shot! My iPhone pictures were better!

The price of pics is outrageous. We have been on 38 cruises and I always bought 5-6 pics , but I have cut back to 2 maybe3 if they are super good, but they do not seem as good as they use to. I would buy a lot more if they were cheaper

On the same note, on our Breeze cruise a few weeks ago, they handed me some papers as we left the embarkation picture to get on the ship. Most people just tossed them, but I put them in my bag to read later.

Imagine my surprise when there was a 10% coupon on there!! If you bought a picture that day, or the next, you could get 10% off the price.

We didn't like our picture so I couldn't tell you what the prices were that early in the cruise. We kept going back to look, but we liked none of our pictures this time. I usually buy a lot, but I bought none.

Just passing it on!

Shawn

I wish they would do a photopass like at Disney. Seems like it would be pretty easy as they could just scan your sail and sign card. I hate that they waste so much ink and photo paper.

I second this

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived