carnival splender in february

This will be my second cruise in my whole life:). I would like for my family (husband and son) and I to go on the Splender from NYC in February. The ports of call are Orlando, Nassau and Freeport.

Since I am still new to cruising. How likely will we have a good time?

Most of all how will the weather be at that time of year at each port? Thank you, we really need to get away:confused::(

Well, probably the first full day down and the last day back up will be freezing, since you are traveling out of the northeast in the dead of winter... The Caribbean will be nice as always :) I like going down there in the winter since it is not too hot...

As for having fun - fun is what YOU make of it... depends on what you want to do... I consider nap time fun! ha ha :) I'm sure you and your family will all have a great time :)

Well, probably the first full day down and the last day back up will be freezing, since you are traveling out of the northeast in the dead of winter... The Caribbean will be nice as always :) I like going down there in the winter since it is not too hot...

As for having fun - fun is what YOU make of it... depends on what you want to do... I consider nap time fun! ha ha :) I'm sure you and your family will all have a great time :)

I'll just add that the mid ship pool area has a retractable roof that will be closed, so you can use the pool.

We sailed on the Splendor this March. We actually left Easter Sunday and it was cold and rainy so I would make sure you bring a coat so you can enjoy watching the sights of NYC as you leave the harbor.

We did the same itinerary and the weather was great...not too hot and not too cold.

The temperature was a little cold to use the adult only pool on the way down and back up but we just did other activities as we are not huge pool people.

You will have an awesome time regardless!!!

2001 Disney Magic

2009 Carnival Miracle

2012 Carnival Liberty

2013 Carnival Splendor

2013 Carnival Legend--booked

As you can tell I am still new to cruising. my last cruise was 3 years ago, and i am ashamed to admit it, but money has not been kind to us... neither has life. But we need a pick me up and I want to go as soon as possible and February would be the soonest. It would great if would could go again in the summer. I love the heat and the beach. i hope all goes well

As you can tell I am still new to cruising. my last cruise was 3 years ago, and i am ashamed to admit it, but money has not been kind to us... neither has life. But we need a pick me up and I want to go as soon as possible and February would be the soonest. It would great if would could go again in the summer. I love the heat and the beach. i hope all goes well

Enjoy your cruise and let us know your thoguhts when you return.

scared to go in february. so don't know if i will have a review.....lol:D. Which is why i need my cruise critic family help.

i am the type of person who does not want to be disappointed, especially when it comes to spending money.. also this may be a honeymoon we never were able to take.

Well, no-one likes to waste their money really. What are your specific concerns other than the weather? Average temperatures are as at the links below:

http://www.holiday-weather.com/orlando/averages/february/

http://www.holiday-weather.com/freeport/averages/february/

http://www.holiday-weather.com/nassau/averages/february/

Those are summer temperatures here in the UK, so personally I'm looking forward to my December cruise on the same itinerary :)

dont set yourself up for dissappointment! have real expectations! know that you will have a clean and safe room, lots of food choices, entertainment and most importantly you will be away!!

i'm surprising my kids with this trip in December. I know that we dont have to spend any $$ to have a good time. It will be what we make of it.

Have a great time!!

dont set yourself up for dissappointment! have real expectations! know that you will have a clean and safe room, lots of food choices, entertainment and most importantly you will be away!!

i'm surprising my kids with this trip in December. I know that we dont have to spend any $$ to have a good time. It will be what we make of it.

Have a great time!!

thank you so much for your advice. this helped a lot. i was worried about so many things as a woman. different things happening. but your are right. we are away and there is always the next cruise. we are out of nyc, and even if we don't go on any shore excursions or the weather is not the best. it is warmer than nyc. i love the sun that is why i was concerned i despise being cold... go figure i live in nyc... the ship will have plenty for us to do and i am pretty sure i will be able to do at least 3 sun days on the cruise. thank you once again.

Archived