Cruise & Resort package?

roncli

I received a call today from someone who identified themselves as Carnival, and recognized that I had sailed with Carnival in the past. They then proceeded to tell me I was selected for a $1,599 package that involved a minimum 7-day cruise plus a separate 7-day resort stay that could be booked within the next 18 months.

Problem is, the phone number I got on caller ID, 866-227-4949, is coming up with no significant information on Google, and certainly isn't coming back as a Carnival number.

The deal sounds lovely, and given we are likely going to sail again next June, I'd like to find out if there's any way that I can verify whether or not this is a legitimate deal. What would be the best way to go about doing that?

Got a similar call/offer a year ago. I found an online site where I verified it was, indeed a scam. Sorry don't remember the name, but I found it by googling repeatedly. (Not snopes.com)

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Cruise Critic App

I received a call today from someone who identified themselves as Carnival, and recognized that I had sailed with Carnival in the past. They then proceeded to tell me I was selected for a $1,599 package that involved a minimum 7-day cruise plus a separate 7-day resort stay that could be booked within the next 18 months.

Problem is, the phone number I got on caller ID, 866-227-4949, is coming up with no significant information on Google, and certainly isn't coming back as a Carnival number.

The deal sounds lovely, and given we are likely going to sail again next June, I'd like to find out if there's any way that I can verify whether or not this is a legitimate deal. What would be the best way to go about doing that?

Got same call, googled while on phone with gentleman and it is a scam coming out of Jamaica so when I told him of course he hung up quickly.

Update on this, the lady called back from a second number 800-748-5177 claiming to be the "Carnival promotions department". Upon looking up that number, turns out it's from a company called ICE Vacations Club, which is a known scammer.

Figured it was too good to be true. :P If they had called from that number to begin I would have found this out and never would have given it any thought.

Be careful! People will try to sell you anything these days.

• 1 year later...