Child hurt on Sensation airlifted to Arnold Palmer hospital

im4clowns

I just heard another report on the local news, but said no details known. Things are quiet about this. Maybe someone on board will report.

I know someone will read this and say I have no feelings for this young man, but I do, now read on!

It was a 12-year-old boy that was injured as a result of a trip and fall while running on board the ship. I feel sorry for him, I also hope that it was nothing serious, but I have been on ships where kids have been running (because of excitement of being on a cruise), and the crew have told them to slow down and stop running, and the don't. Other passengers have told kids to slow down and stop running, and they don't, and I have even told one child to stop running, and he didn't. This is what can happen if they don't stop running, or other people can get seriously hurt.

Again, my prayers for him to have a speedy recovery.

Stop kids running on ships, please!

My 6 year old fell off his upper bunk on the Sensation a few years back. The bed rail was up but was a weirdly high one compared to other Carnival ships. He rolled right under it and landed on top of us. Thank goodness he wasn't on the other bunk which had a crib angled under it or he would've landed on the rail of the crib.

I thought maybe this boy suffered the same type of fall but I guess not. Glad he's ok.

Not just passengers, on NCL Star Cruise in aft balcony just as we pass under the Varrazano Bridge I notice out the door that the wake is getting smaller we are slowing down. DW doesn't believe me until we start turning.

Next the ship is doing a 180 degree turn and heading back up thru the Narrows to the upper bay. Captain comes on as says there is a medical emergency we are returning to Pier 90 Midtown Manhattan.

Turns out a crew member on his first day of his first contract fell down the stairs with a neck injury (no airlift because of that).

Tie up back in Manhattan and off goes a stretcher to NYC EMS, on comes some luggage (lucky passengers won't have to wait 2 more days).

Captain comes back on "And now Ladies and Gentleman we will continue our harbor cruise" and off to Bermuda we go.

Sorry for the crew member, lucky for me I got pictures of leaving and arriving (normally asleep arriving in NYC) and 2nd time we left it was after dark for some great night shots.

Interesting the RCL ship that leaves from Bayonne slowed down and waited for us so we could sail near each other.

Well enough about another cruise line...

FWIW

It is for me! It reminded me to drill my kids one more time about safety onboard!

While it is great info the message boards, it is not newsworthy other than to slander a cruise line.

I am a new father and I am sure I will be having the same talks with my little girl before we start cruising with her.

I don't understand holding them in the on board infirmary for the remainder of the cruise and THEN airlifting them once on land. Seems to me if they are bad enough to need to be airlifted they would do it while at sea.

1. It's very danderous to do an airlift from a ship.

2. As another poster mentioned, it's extremely expensive.

3. It's possible the medical staff and the parents decided that it wasn't that bad and they could wait until the ship made it back to port.

While it is great info the message boards, it is not newsworthy other than to slander a cruise line.

How did the article "slander a cruise line". The definition of slander is writing something untrue. All the article did was report the fall; the writer didn't blame the cruise line. :confused:

Would it be in the news, if your kid tripped while running in the yard? NO ! The kid was running on the deck, tripped got injured on a Carnival cruise ship and it was NEWS! give me a break! Would it be news worthy if 1980 passengers took a cruise and they all came back safe and sound? AngAndBoys was simply stating that if it happened anywhere but Carnival we wouldn't hear a peep. But because Carnival is under the microscope now, anything any body does that's dumb will be in the news. So sad. Glad to know that the kid was released and on his way home.

How did the article "slander a cruise line". The definition of slander is writing something untrue. All the article did was report the fall; the writer didn't blame the cruise line. :confused:

No they didn't....but what is the point of the article? People slip and fall every day so give me one other logical reason that this became a news story.

If you go by the true definition of slander, you are correct. But if you go by the motivation of the article I am correct.

I understand it may have been a slow news day, but REALLY??

What is up with Carnival these days? There have been a string of bad fortune from the Costa Concordia to the man who fell last week to the kid now. Obviously stupidity has played a part in these events but my goodness, what could be next? It can't be good for business. I don't see these things happening with RC or other cruise lines for that matter. Maybe it is just happens but darn! I hope that is the last of it. :confused:

What is up with Carnival these days? There have been a string of bad fortune from the Costa Concordia to the man who fell last week to the kid now. Obviously stupidity has played a part in these events but my goodness, what could be next? It can't be good for business. I don't see these things happening with RC or other cruise lines for that matter. Maybe it is just happens but darn! I hope that is the last of it. :confused:

It only affects business with unrealistic people. :)

Captain comes back on "And now Ladies and Gentleman we will continue our harbor cruise"

and off to Bermuda we go.

Interesting the RCL ship that leaves from Bayonne slowed down and waited for us

so we could sail near each other.

Yes, they like to sail together, within sight of each other

-for many reasons.

When we left Manhattan 2 yrs. ago I noticed that promptly behind us on Glory

was an NCL ship which was at a neighboring Manhattan Pier when we boarded

-and a Royal Caribbean ship out of N.Jersey

-and maybe a third ship too..

By sunset, our entourage looked like this..

Followers-114.jpg

Yes, they like to sail together, within sight of each other

-for many reasons.

When we left Manhattan 2 yrs. ago I noticed that promptly behind us on Glory

was an NCL ship which was at a neighboring Manhattan Pier when we boarded

-and a Royal Caribbean ship out of N.Jersey

-and maybe a third ship too..

By sunset, our entourage looked like this..

Followers-114.jpg

Nice picture!

They sure don't. I don't even sit on the railing of my deck. It ain't for sittin'.

The 39 yr old on the magic didn't get the message. Poor guy fell to his death tuesday night while sitting on his balcony railing. Witness' were out there with him.

I hope the 12 year old boy is okay. We just returned from a cruise two weeks ago and there were kids running wild on the ship (6 years old and up) with no parent anywhere in site. I can't imagine letting these young children running through the buffet, pool area, and dining room without supervision. I'm surprised falls don't happen more often!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Wonder what happened that escalated this to an airlift... but then a release afterwards.

Airlifts are expensive, they don't do them for fun. All I can think of is maybe they thought there was a neck injury (copter would be an easier ride than an hour ambulance ride), but then there wasn't one?

Archived