####i found your wedding pictures on a memory stick###

Boozebabe

I was getting things ready for an upcoming trip and found a memory stick in my make-up bag. I must have scooped everything out of the drawer when re-packing and didn't notice it.

We were on the Breeze on the May 5th sailing. We were in a Cove Balcony. Because I don't want to send this to the wrong person, let me know what cabin you were in the cruise before us. I will be happy to send the memory stick to you.

I tried calling Carnival and they were NO HELP. They were worried about your privacy. I am worried that you want these pictures.

Try googling ifoundyourcamera and you'll see lots of sites to post this to. Not a big percentage of cruisers are on CC. There is a tumblr site as well as a FB site. You might have better luck there.

It's awesome that you're even taking the time to post it at all. Some people wouldn't even do that. Kudos to you. :)

Good luck! Oh, and please come back and post if the owner finds you... I'm a sap and love a happy ending. :D

I wish I had found it sooner. I just pulled out the make-up and let other things in there when we got home. The longer time goes the less likely I'll reunite them.

I'll try your rcommendations . Thanks

You may want check the properties of the pics. If the owner had their camera set to the correct date and time, you can identify the correct sailing.

Then try posting one of the pics on that sailing`s roll call. Somebody might remember something like a home town. Most cities have free lost and found listings in their newspapers.

I love the challenge of solving a mystery and like the above poster kudos to you for even trying.

Carnival can help. Try again.

All Carnival needs to do is contact the previous occupants and ask if they are missing a stick. If the answer is yes, they can give them your contact info. There would be no privacy invasion involved.

Similar repatriations have been done.

If the rep at Carnival says they cannot help, climb a ladder until you speak with right person.

It CAN be done.

Oh, I SO HOPE the newlyweds find this thread! While on vacation when our girls were toddlers, I left my camera bag on the beach with my camera AND video camera in it. We went all over that town the rest of the day asking if anyone had turned it in. On the next to the last day as we were walking down to the beach, an elderly couple came walking up to us. They said they had found our camera, taken it home and watched the videos and recognized us as we were walking onto the beach. I had never been so happy. I cried and cried. Pictures and videos are SO important to me because I have a terrible memory and it's how I refresh things in my mind so I don't forget them.

We tried to get them to let us take them out to dinner, but they refused to let us. They were our guardian angels that day.

I'm so happy that there are people like you that take the time to try and get the item back to the original owner.

This happened to me once. I found an SD card with family photos on it at a Regional Viper Club meeting on the ground asked around all day and I got nothing. I went home and popped it into my computer and found picks of the guys car and traced him back using his license plate. He was very happy I had found it. His sons graduation photos were on there.

I actually ran into him after i had returned the sd card at a race in road Atlanta and he bought me two tanks of racing fuel! :)

Good luck on your quest most people wouldn't bother.

You may want check the properties of the pics. If the owner had their camera set to the correct date and time, you can identify the correct sailing.

Then try posting one of the pics on that sailing`s roll call. Somebody might remember something like a home town. Most cities have free lost and found listings in their newspapers.

I love the challenge of solving a mystery and like the above poster kudos to you for even trying.

Also, if they recognize any landmarks, they should post on that Craigslist site under the lost and found. Or even on the Craigslist site for the town the ship departed from.

since you know they are wedding photos i assume you have already checked the pics...

but check toward the beginning, i always take a picture of my name and contact information as the first picture of a new card, so that in a case similar to this, i could be contacted by a good samaritan such as yourself :)

a good tip for anybody that owns a camera i think :D

Carnival can help. Try again.

All Carnival needs to do is contact the previous occupants and ask if they are missing a stick. If the answer is yes, they can give them your contact info. There would be no privacy invasion involved.

Similar repatriations have been done.

If the rep at Carnival says they cannot help, climb a ladder until you speak with right person.

It CAN be done.

Why can't it be done? This is the day and age of computers. Maybe they can trace back a name via your cabin number??

Would it be legal to post one picture and maybe someone will recognize them? I know it would be without their legal consent, but hey, this is an unusual circumstance.

They are actually 4 different videos. No landmarks that would help. Most are inside buildings. I'm going to call Carnival again tomorrow. When I first viewed them my speakers were off. Hubby said he suspected they were of Spanish descent so I turned the speakers on and lo and behold they were speaking in Spanish.

I hope Carnival will do the right thing and put me in contact with them or at least give me an address.

Was this a Carnival wedding? If so, you might post on the Wedding/honeymoon board here, or try with the wedding coordinator at Carnival. EM

No it looks like a banquet type room. Definitely not on a ship.

There's 2 ways to read that remark, we both saw it differently. I don't think they'll say "it can't be done". I was saying why "can't it be done";)

OP said they were told it can't be done. I think OP contacted a lazy employee who couldn't be bothered. This should actually be reasonably easy. There was a CC thread about a fellow finding a photo card in maybe Cozumel who managed to return it after a cruise line did some work. The finder wasn't on the ship that the pax who lost it(who also were not privy to CC) were on. It took a bit of time but it got done.

They are actually 4 different videos. No landmarks that would help. Most are inside buildings. I'm going to call Carnival again tomorrow. When I first viewed them my speakers were off. Hubby said he suspected they were of Spanish descent so I turned the speakers on and lo and behold they were speaking in Spanish.

I hope Carnival will do the right thing and put me in contact with them or at least give me an address.

Carnival isn't likely to put you in contact with them, rather them in contact with you. This CAN be done. It probably won't get much attention this week.

Try Carnival again. I would fill out the form online and explain what you found, your cabin number, sail date etc. On our last cruise we forgot to pick up a picture we purchased. I realized it a few days after we got home. I went to the Carnival web site and filled in the email form in the Contact Us section. I left our cabin number, confirmation number, dates of the sailing and explained the situation. A few weeks later I got an email stating that they had the pictures and they were mailing it to my house. I got it a few days after that. I really thought that I would not see that picture.

Archived