Questions re: Golden to alaska

LONES

We're taking a 7 day RT cruise out of Seattle, and leaving next weekend. I have a couple of questions for anyone that's been on the Golden recently.

I'm starting to pack, and am curious about the basic climate on the ship. I tend to be more warm-blooded by nature. Does it tend to be colder or warmer on the ship? Are the cabins warm? Is there a thermostat in the cabins that you control yourself? We don't have a balcony... and I'm picturing stifling, dead air in our room.

As far as the public areas such as the dining rooms and theatres, Are short sleeve and sleeveless dresses going to be good?

Thank you!

The Mrs. and I just sailed the Golden last week. We had an inside cabin and I was expecting the same as you, stuffy, stagnet air. I was surprised to find it very comfortable in our room. There is a thermostat on the wall and the air seems to constantly circulated by the vent in the room and the bathroom all the time. I am a very big guy and run hot all year long. I was never uncomfortable on the ship either in my stateroom or the public decks. She's a beautiful well kept ship enjoy your cruise!

I read years ago that the air in cabins is exchanged every seven minutes. Not sure if that is true but I know that air is constantly refreshed no matter what type of cabin you're in.

Public rooms such as the Princess Theater and dining rooms are kept at a cooler temperature since they warm up when people are in them. If you're one of the first, it might be too cool for you. I always wear or bring a light sweater or wrap.

Archived