BREEZES, HILTON, or SHERATON DAY PASS???

qbanrican84

So Scubagirl' date=' you would recommend RUI over Breezes? We are looking for a party atmosphere.[/quote']

RUI has more of a family atmosphere (yet you can get drunk as you like).. but there's not much to do resort wise.

Breezes is more of a spring break mentality with things to do.. like rock climbing, trapeze, bingo, dominos etc. Breezes is "louder" .. with announcements etc.. but they have a great beach and beach bar.

Neither have pool or beachside service.

Scubagirl we are looking at a daypass to Sandals Sept 3rd... I've heard that sometimes the launch to the private island just does run due to weather or just "not today". We are thinking of doing Sandals specifically to go snorkeling on the island (along with food/drink!). Do you have any sense of this being a problem? I completely understand if we come to port and it's raining/storming/etc, we most likely would not go... that's what happen in May, 50 mph winds and sideways rain.

We are looking at doing the Breezes day pass. We're traveling over the Thanksgiving holiday and we will be in port the day before Thanksgiving. Will there be day passes available? If there won't be due to the holiday, we will plan other activities now vs. later.

Scubagirl we are looking at a daypass to Sandals Sept 3rd... I've heard that sometimes the launch to the private island just does run due to weather or just "not today". We are thinking of doing Sandals specifically to go snorkeling on the island (along with food/drink!). Do you have any sense of this being a problem? I completely understand if we come to port and it's raining/storming/etc, we most likely would not go... that's what happen in May, 50 mph winds and sideways rain.

I think you would be able to tell as you approached the harbor if there are white caps or not.

since the launch is just a small skiff.. it doesn't (and shouldn't) run in any kind of adverse conditions. September is Hurricane season and there are sometimes storms brewing. There's no guarantee.

As for "not today"... they only have one skiff.. it's there engine trouble, there's engine trouble. You know what they say about boats.. . " it's a big hole in the water that you throw money into "... they break down...

We are looking at doing the Breezes day pass. We're traveling over the Thanksgiving holiday and we will be in port the day before Thanksgiving. Will there be day passes available? If there won't be due to the holiday, we will plan other activities now vs. later.

Most places will have regular day passes available.. but keep in mind that day passes are based on availability and room occupancy. Thanksgiving is a high capacity week.. so some places could run out.

Call them from the dock before heading out.

So Scubagirl' date=' you would recommend RUI over Breezes? We are looking for a party atmosphere.[/quote']

We've been to RIU twice. It does not have a party atmosphere - it's pretty small and quiet. It does actually have poolside bar service but it's really, really slow. Might as well get up and walk a few feet to the pool bar. :)

This happened to us when we did the day pass. It was a sunny day but too windy for the ferry. You could call the resort when you get to Nassau to see if the ferry is running before you head over there.

If you do make it to the private island, watch your time and don't miss the ferry back. It only runs once an hour. The good snorkeling is out by the rocks on the back of the island. Pick up your towel before you get on the ferry because they don't have towels on the island. The pool out there is very small but the restaurant has a nice lunch.

ry%3D480

This happened to us when we did the day pass. It was a sunny day but too windy for the ferry. You could call the resort when you get to Nassau to see if the ferry is running before you head over there.

If you do make it to the private island, watch your time and don't miss the ferry back. It only runs once an hour. The good snorkeling is out by the rocks on the back of the island. Pick up your towel before you get on the ferry because they don't have towels on the island. The pool out there is very small but the restaurant has a nice lunch.

ry%3D480

Thanks, it would not ruin the day but at $220 for 2 it would be a large part of picking it over Breezes...

Thanks, it would not ruin the day but at $220 for 2 it would be a large part of picking it over Breezes...

Sandals island is now shared on the south side by Carnival. Blackbeards Cay used to have this area, but it's currently built up with pool/beach/grill etc.

Just so you realize that the island is NOT private.

Sandals island is now shared on the south side by Carnival. Blackbeards Cay used to have this area, but it's currently built up with pool/beach/grill etc.

That is good to know. When we stayed at Sandals, the Sandals half of the island was very quiet and private. Bobsfamily, you might want to check out the recent reviews on Trip Advisor to see if there are any complaints about noise from Carnival. If you do get out there, please report back and let us know how it was.

That is good to know. When we stayed at Sandals, the Sandals half of the island was very quiet and private. Bobsfamily, you might want to check out the recent reviews on Trip Advisor to see if there are any complaints about noise from Carnival. If you do get out there, please report back and let us know how it was.

Thanks for the info, I had read that it was not the "private island" that is touted on the website... and yes if we go I will report about it. Scubagirl you say it's shared by Carnival, are they promoting it? I did not see an excursion for our cruise on the Fantasy. I usually do not do Carnival excursions but I might do that one.

Thanks for the info, I had read that it was not the "private island" that is touted on the website... and yes if we go I will report about it. Scubagirl you say it's shared by Carnival, are they promoting it? I did not see an excursion for our cruise on the Fantasy. I usually do not do Carnival excursions but I might do that one.

yes, they started promoting it in april .. it's called Balmoral Day pass.

http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/424090

• 2 weeks later...
That's wild it does not show up on my cruise, not even as sold out. I wonder if it's closed Sept. 3rd? I'm going to call my PVP and see what's up.

It is not listed for our November cruise either, and we're very disappointed !

Did you discover why/what gives?

how much are beers and drinks. also what is included for $30, lounge, umbrella?

The Sheraton day pass includes the use of the pools, beach, lounge chairs, towels, floats and non-motorized watersports like kayaks.

When we were there they asked for a $10 deposit for the floats, which they returned when I brought my float back.

Archived