Customer Service??? What can I do? Help.

MomGo

During our 2004 Hawaiian Cruise, we booked a Penthouse Suite AB 11560 through William Lyles, Cruise Consultant. He informed us it was 2 separate bedrooms, 2 separate baths (our kids are 14 and 17, thus separate accommodations needed). Mr. Lyles asked if we wanted to use the same credit card in the computer for our deposit and we stated we did so he said he didn't physically need it. Printed everything out and sent us on our way. Back in October, after we talked our friends into going with us, we called our TA to find out when the remainder of the cruise needed to be paid. Our TA informed us we no longer had the Penthouse. Mr. Lyles never applied our deposit and we lost our suite. We looked at our paperwork and it shows both a deposit and that it needed to be applied by a certain time. Makes no sense to us. Our TA called NCL and advised us she got our Penthouse Suite back but that NCL reps indicated it was a bedroom divided by a curtain with a sofa bed and only 1 bathroom. We went ahead and booked 2 Mini Suites instead. Our TA recently went into the insurance aspect of the agency and transferred our cruise to a local agent at the same agency (our former TA was in another state...used her before while she was local...she moved last year). Reading all the threads, I am seeing that the suite we originally booked has 2 separate bedrooms and 2 separate bathrooms (maybe there are Penthouse Suites with 1 bedroom separated by curtains?). A family on this thread took pictures of Penthouse Suite 11562 and I am absolutely heartbroken, devistated, and angered. It is beautiful and has a great deal more amenities, exactly what I had wanted and requested. What can I do? Tell my current TA and see what she can do and if a Penthouse Suite is still available, which I'm sure it isn't since we are sailing July 10th??? Or contact NCL directly? Our current TA is also trying to get our onboard credit remedied, since our former TA showed $125 pp and now the paperwork shows $75 pp. I'm feeling we are just out of luck!!!! Any suggestions?

If you have all the paperwork write a letter to Colin Veitch President of NCL.

P.O. Box 149075

Coral Gables, FL 33114 - 9075

State the facts and ask if he can arrange the original deal at the prices back then...Don't threaten anything just state the facts and ask if because of the problems that he can intercede. You won't get him but one of his assistants should at least respond.

The minis are lovely as well.

When is the cruise?

It's 2 weeks from today, July 10th. Yes, I have my paperwork. Do you know of anyone else this has happened to? If I mail him a letter, it will do no good for this cruise. This is our family's 4th NCL cruise...I don't know if we'll use them again. And, 17 other people booked this cruise on NCL because of us. NCL gained, we lost. Our current TA said NCL isn't the greatest in customer service. We had a mini suite on the Star 2 years ago, so it's fine, but if you look at the pics for the Penthouse House, it's absolutely amazing.

Mail the letter overnight mail. They will need to see it. You are not going to get through to anyone on the phone but make yourself sick---on the telephone. They are busy with the NCL America. You best bet is getting one of his assistants. You can blame them for a lot of this but because its so late you can hope they have a room available....I was just on the NCL Pride of America I also have had an owners suite on the Crown...I haven't heard of this particular problem--maybe Shoreguy or someone else has.

Let me find you the street address. Mark it urgent and overnight it. If they have a room available...say you talked others into coming give your res # and room. At least they will send you something :)

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, FL 33126

Thanks so much for your advice!!!! I will definitely do that. Thinking of Federal Expressing it in fact. I am going to also contact my former TA and current TA first thing tomorrow morning to let them know what I discovered. Plus, I have our group reservation number so they know I indeed had a group of 17 people book with us. Hopefully, we can get lucky and get our Penthouse Suite back.

Another Example of why I am Nerveous about NCL...

Do They Suck?????????

No but with all the people sometimes people make mistakes. There are just as many poor customer service postings on most of the mass lines. Its too bad she waited so long. Most of the suites have been upsold by now...

We are on the Star for July 10th. It was an AB Penthouse Suite 11560. To Host Cecelia and Polish Falcon - we have been pretty happy on NCL, except that when we stood in line at the end of our cruise 2 years ago for over 1 hour to pay our room bill, they decided to just close the line and not reopen it. They only had 2 people helping to collect payment and the crew had the attitude of "so sad, too bad". We now opt to just let the charges go on our credit card (for some reason my husband never wanted to do this, but after that incident, we vowed never to stand in those lines again and get frustrated). Also, we have always booked our next year's cruise with the anxious Port and Cruise Consultant....unfortunately, last year, Mr. Lyles was anything but enthuisiastic. I guess NCL is okay for what you pay for it...not high-end, nor low-end. Looking at Celebrity Cruises for Europe next year, son's graduation present from high school. I heard they treat you like royalty but you pay for it.

Looking at Celebrity Cruises for Europe next year, son's graduation present from high school. I heard they treat you like royalty but you pay for it.

In fact, they'll charge you about the same and treat you about the same. Except you'll get fewer choices of dinner venues and a rigid, outdated dress code.

No but with all the people sometimes people make mistakes. There are just as many poor customer service postings on most of the mass lines. Its too bad she waited so long. Most of the suites have been upsold by now...

If I would have known our original suite was indeed 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, I would have started my contacting NCL prior to now, or had my former TA investigate it further. I just happened to be reading a thread on entertainment, and somehow saw a mention about the Penthouse Suite having 2 separate bedrooms, pics and floorplan, etc. Up til today, I thought they were all a bedroom, separated by curtains and a sofa bed. I don't know if my former TA couldn't get the same Penthouse Suite and thought she did, or if she was misinformed by NCL. That's why I'm starting with her tomorrow morning. Still sending the letter by Federal Express. I'm sure all the Penthouse Suites are gone but it's worth a try. Maybe they can upgrade someone to an Owner's Suite so we can have our original Penthouse Suite. Who am I kidding. We have no luck. I'm sure that will never happen.

I wasn't faulting you just saying it was very late unfortunately. You never know with the game of musical rooms at the end what is left. May be you can get the owners suite. What ever you do enjoy the trip and forget about it. Have a nice drink when you get on board and enjoy the cruise. It is a cruise after all.

I know you weren't faulting me, I just wish I would have seen the thread months ago. I should be happy we have Mini Suites...happy I happened to contact our TA back in October or we may have had nothing right now!!!!! A drink, try many drinks...think I need one now actually. My family says stop worrying about it (my son wants the computer right now so he doesn't care), it will be a great trip. I, on the other hand, am seeing what we could have had...nicer luxery for the week. Oh well, will see what NCL or anyone else can do. Thanks again Smeyer418 for all your advice. It's a starting point. You have a great attitude.

The following is a description for the AB Penthouse Suite:

578 sq. ft.; Living room, private balcony, dining room, separate bedroom w/ queen size bed, mini bar, refrigerator, VCR, CD library, LCD & VCD players & luxury bath w/ jacuzzi & separate shower. Butler service & concierge available. Accommodates up to 4 people.

Doesn't sound like two bedrooms. Anyway, I checked reservations on an online travel site and the AB is not available for your sailing. Sorry! :(

Another Example of why I am Nerveous about NCL...

Do They Suck?????????

Don't be too hard on NCL, get on the Celebrity thread and see about all the bitching going on there right now: I just think the service we get from the cruise lines and the service we get once on the ships are very different. As a TA I can tell you NCL isn't the worst nor the best for me anyway, nor is Celebrity. I have one particular line that seems to screw up everything. Another agent might feel totally different. The only really outstanding service comes from the luxury lines, but you are paying for service on them. NMNita

The following is a description for the AB Penthouse Suite:

Doesn't sound like two bedrooms. Anyway, I checked reservations on an online travel site and the AB is not available for your sailing. Sorry! :(

If you go to http://www.orcatekweb.com/Cabin-11550.htm you will see the Penthouse Suite right above our originally reserved one. It's 11550, not 11562 as I originally thought, all the same. The person took full pictures of everything and even has a floor plan. I do think there are many different kinds of Penthouse Suites.

If you go to http://www.orcatekweb.com/Cabin-11550.htm you will see the Penthouse Suite right above our originally reserved one. It's 11550, not 11562 as I originally thought, all the same. The person took full pictures of everything and even has a floor plan. I do think there are many different kinds of Penthouse Suites.

Slow down - you are comparing an AB on the Dawn/Star to the POAM. The link you posted is to the Star. THe POAM has nothing in common with that ship.

All the cabins are different. Check the discription the AB on the POAM is very different from the AB on the STAR.

FYI POAM

Cabin 10000

Duvet

Hair Dryer (1)

Telephone (1)

Television (2)

Private Balcony (1)

Bathtub (1)

Whirlpool (1)

Separate Shower (1)

Crib (1)

King Size Bed (1)

CD Library (1)

Digital Video Disc Library (1)

Balcony Square Footage (189)

Cabin Square Footage (676)

Refrigerator (1)

Forward Section

Oceanview Stateroom

Starboard Side

Mini Bar (1)

Walk-in Closet (1)

Hot Tub (1)

Floor to ceiling sliding glass doors (1)

Pier forward

Safety Deposit Box (1)

Livingroom area (1)

Sprinklers

Separate Bedroom (1)

Butler Service (1)

Concierge (1)

Stereo/CD Player (1)

Digital Video Disc Player (1)

Dining room area (1)

Internet access (1)

Dawn/Star

Cabin 11506

Sitting Area (1)

Crib (1)

Duvet (1)

Refrigerator (1)

Hair Dryer (1)

Telephone (1)

Safety Deposit Box (1)

Television (2)

Private Balcony (1)

Whirlpool (1)

Separate Shower (1)

Pullman Bed (1)

Queen Size Bed (1)

Convertible Double Sofa Bed (1)

CD Library (1)

Digital Video Disc Library (1)

Digital Video Disc Player (1)

Stereo/CD Player (1)

Oceanview Stateroom (1)

Butler Service (1)

Concierge (1)

Port Side (1)

Forward Section (1)

Dining room area (1)

Livingroom area (1)

Separate Bedroom (1)

Floor to ceiling sliding glass doors (1)

Bathtub (1)

Balcony Square Footage (54)

Cabin Square Footage (492)

Bar Counter (1)

Pier forward (1)

Connecting Room (11508)

Tea and Coffee Maker (1)

Sprinklers (1)

Master Bedroom (1)

Internet access (1)

Shoreguy

I think the Star is the ship the OP is on July 10th. I don't think the PoAm is involved here at all. It's all a little confusing since the first few posts don't mention the ship name at all.

Thanks - I saw Hawaiian Cruise and assumed - a very bad thing to do here :rolleyes:

During our 2004 Hawaiian Cruise, we booked a Penthouse Suite AB 11560 through William Lyles, Cruise Consultant. He informed us it was 2 separate bedrooms, 2 separate baths (our kids are 14 and 17, thus separate accommodations needed). Mr. Lyles asked if we wanted to use the same credit card in the computer for our deposit and we stated we did so he said he didn't physically need it. Printed everything out and sent us on our way. Back in October, after we talked our friends into going with us, we called our TA to find out when the remainder of the cruise needed to be paid. Our TA informed us we no longer had the Penthouse. Mr. Lyles never applied our deposit and we lost our suite. We looked at our paperwork and it shows both a deposit and that it needed to be applied by a certain time. Makes no sense to us. Our TA called NCL and advised us she got our Penthouse Suite back but that NCL reps indicated it was a bedroom divided by a curtain with a sofa bed and only 1 bathroom. We went ahead and booked 2 Mini Suites instead. Our TA recently went into the insurance aspect of the agency and transferred our cruise to a local agent at the same agency (our former TA was in another state...used her before while she was local...she moved last year). Reading all the threads, I am seeing that the suite we originally booked has 2 separate bedrooms and 2 separate bathrooms (maybe there are Penthouse Suites with 1 bedroom separated by curtains?). A family on this thread took pictures of Penthouse Suite 11562 and I am absolutely heartbroken, devistated, and angered. It is beautiful and has a great deal more amenities, exactly what I had wanted and requested. What can I do? Tell my current TA and see what she can do and if a Penthouse Suite is still available, which I'm sure it isn't since we are sailing July 10th??? Or contact NCL directly? Our current TA is also trying to get our onboard credit remedied, since our former TA showed $125 pp and now the paperwork shows $75 pp. I'm feeling we are just out of luck!!!! Any suggestions?

OK, I'm confused :confused: You originally booked cabin 11560 (which is cat AB) & then when you found out about the mix-up you ended up booking 2 minisuites (which are cat AF) AND now you're jealous b/c you want something like cabin 11562.... but that is a cat AF?!?

I know you weren't faulting me, I just wish I would have seen the thread months ago. I should be happy we have Mini Suites...happy I happened to contact our TA back in October or we may have had nothing right now!!!!! A drink, try many drinks...think I need one now actually. My family says stop worrying about it (my son wants the computer right now so he doesn't care), it will be a great trip. I, on the other hand, am seeing what we could have had...nicer luxery for the week. Oh well, will see what NCL or anyone else can do. Thanks again Smeyer418 for all your advice. It's a starting point. You have a great attitude.

You can also contact Mr. Veitch's assitants @ the Executive Desk. I don't have their extension, but you can just call NCL reservations & asked to be transfered. I think there are 2 assistants Sylvia & Aisha?!

YES! NCL customer relations service does stink. I have been trying to deal with them since February and I have yet to get a response. I have gone as far as to send Colin Vietch a registered return receipt letter on June 14 and it yet to have been accepted. They will not return our phone calls, e-mails or answear our letters just plain NOTHING from NCL not even a "Thank You, we are looking into it". We have no problems with NCL ships or the staff, just loosy, loosy customer relations including Mr. Vietch. Good Luck.

Archived