Large Parties and MTD

Hello,

We have a large party and just did some switching around to get some better pricing. Doing so we lost the early seating. I've read that most are happy with MTD. I have two questions.

1. Where and when can I sign up for it pre boarding?

2. I can't imagine 18 people walking up and being able to be sat without much wait...several posters have said great things about no wait but I'm guessing they are smaller groups. Anyone have any experience with that?

I'm thinking MY family will want to eat whenever and I'm hoping to avoid the herd mentality that sometimes comes with a large family vacation! :-)

TIA!

Hello,

We have a large party and just did some switching around to get some better pricing. Doing so we lost the early seating. I've read that most are happy with MTD. I have two questions.

2. I can't imagine 18 people walking up and being able to be sat without much wait...several posters have said great things about no wait but I'm guessing they are smaller groups. Anyone have any experience with that?

I'm thinking MY family will want to eat whenever and I'm hoping to avoid the herd mentality that sometimes comes with a large family vacation! :-)

TIA!

There is an online booking system, but you won't be able to book for 18, I believe. First of all, that's at least two tables.

On Day 1 of your cruise, you should get a Cruise Compass either at check-in or as soon as you board (at Guest Relations). It will tell you the time for staff to be at the My Time Dining station to take reservations.

It will be either 1 P.M. or 4 P.M. on Deck 5 aft at the entrance to the dining room.

Since you have a big group, you will get the best service if you make reservations, either every day for the next day, or on Day 1 for the whole cruise. (if you want to eat at the same time each night)

If you don't want the same time each night, you have just consigned yourself to Chief Cat Herder for an unruly bunch of 18 different opinions! Good luck with that.

You will be on the week before us - please take good care of IOS for us! ;)

"If you don't want the same time each night, you have just consigned yourself to Chief Cat Herder for an unruly bunch of 18 different opinions! Good luck with that."

That's precisely what I want to avoid! :-)

Three families plus grandparents going.

I will take care of IOS but can't guarantee after Cat Herding there will be any alcohol left! :D:)

If your large party wants to eat together nightly, standing reservations is the way to go...and that way, there will be no confusion about what time to be there!

Just like in a restaurant, large parties are hard to seat...so letting them know in advance how many there will be will keep you from having to wait all the time!

Hello,

TIA!

Hi, you will not beable to book all 18 of you on the website, it only allows 10 definately correct to check on board

Archived