Maasdam August concern

I am very prone to sea sickness and have typically used "the patch". However,upon our return from the last 2 cruises, I then had a reaction to it. Almost like 2-3 days of sea sickness. Has anyone else experienced this? I want to use some other med, device, etc. but know "the patch" did work while traveling. Am I unwise to change? Isn't the New England/Canada cruise rather ripe with high seas?

The patch does not work for everybody for sure, nor do the wrist bands! I have found that Dramamine makes you drowsy and that is not good. The very best over the counter medicine is Bonine. You can take one pill in the morning and it is good for the day in most cases. I have taken the New England Canada cruise but went in October. There were times when it was choppy but that is to be expected anytime. anywhere. Give it a try and best of luck to you. Enjoy that trip as it is great.

You may be particularly aware of that wonderful phenomenon caused by your body readjusting to terra firma. After a cruise I usually have a day or two where I feel the room swaying beneath my feet. I am most aware of it when brushing my teeth. Sadly, it soon subsides. That's when I start surfing the net looking for a great price for a new cruise.:)

We just returned from back-to-back Maasdam Canada/New England cruises. The seas were so calm it was amazing. I kid you not when I say so often we looked out the windows or went out to our veranda to be amazed with the stillness of the water. I don't think we've ever seen it more calm anywhere we have cruised. In two weeks aboard, I did not hear of anyone who was seasick. Maybe there was someone, but we heard of nobody being ill.

Archived