Bonvoyage...did you see?

code_d

Does anyone know if the prices of their mixed drinks went up on the ships as well? I think last year the drink of the day was about $7-8 without the souvenir glass.

I also have this question...

Comparing apples to oranges. On a cruise ship you are a captive audience. On vacation I will pay the going rate at the restaurant for the drinks I want. But then when I want to go down to the pool I can have my own bottle of rum, paid for at the regular liquor store price, make as many drinks as I want and hang out at the pool. No one is going to say you can't do that at a resort. The point here is that Carnival is charging now about 4X the actual price of a bottle. Sure I'd pay a premium. Honestly about $45 would be a fair price. But 80 for a bottle of Captain, come on now.

Yea, but at this "resort" that allows you to bring your own booze to the pool are you paying under $100 a night and food is included? Doubtful.

Yea' date=' but at this "resort" that allows you to bring your own booze to the pool are you paying under $100 a night and food is included? Doubtful.[/quote']

I paid about $2700 for my cruise. That is about $385 per night. 4 of us, yes, but hotels don't charge me per person, they charge per night. Including food, yeah I could do it for less than that. I can do Divi Aruba for about $370 per night for all 4 of us. Oh yeah, that includes booze too.

I paid about $2700 for my cruise. That is about $385 per night. 4 of us, yes, but hotels don't charge me per person, they charge per night. Including food, yeah I could do it for less than that. I can do Divi Aruba for about $370 per night for all 4 of us. Oh yeah, that includes booze too.

Then why don't you do that instead of cruising?

Frayend' date=' I am sorry if it sounds like I was being snarky. LOL. Not trying to start anything. Enjoy your cruise or hope you enjoyed your cruise if you already went.[/quote']

No worries! :) I like cruising and it was my choice this time around. Honestly to get the vacation I like at a resort would cost me more than a cruise. I prefer the high rises in Aruba and they get expensive.

I just think that the recent price increase is really a kick in the seat. It was a big jump. Not the smartest move by Carnival, in my opinion. It's one of those things I don't like about being a captive audience. It's the same way when I go to Bruins game or Red Sox. They have you trapped so they can charge a lot. Personally I think if Carnival made the price high enough to get a decent profit but low enough so you don't feel like they've violated your backside, then things would be better. If they are trying to subsidize the low cruise fare, well they should charge what the cruise is worth and not try to get us rum lovers to pay for it. :D My cruise is on the 20th!!! Very Very Soon!!! It will be a blast. I will smuggle. If I lose my rum runner, I will order an overpriced bottle from them, drink a bunch of it and forget that I was angry about the price. :D

No worries! :) I like cruising and it was my choice this time around. Honestly to get the vacation I like at a resort would cost me more than a cruise. I prefer the high rises in Aruba and they get expensive.

I just think that the recent price increase is really a kick in the seat. It was a big jump. Not the smartest move by Carnival, in my opinion. It's one of those things I don't like about being a captive audience. It's the same way when I go to Bruins game or Red Sox. They have you trapped so they can charge a lot. Personally I think if Carnival made the price high enough to get a decent profit but low enough so you don't feel like they've violated your backside, then things would be better. If they are trying to subsidize the low cruise fare, well they should charge what the cruise is worth and not try to get us rum lovers to pay for it. :D My cruise is on the 20th!!! Very Very Soon!!! It will be a blast. I will smuggle. If I lose my rum runner, I will order an overpriced bottle from them, drink a bunch of it and forget that I was angry about the price. :D

Sounds like a great plan to me! :D

Does anyone know if the prices of their mixed drinks went up on the ships as well? I think last year the drink of the day was about $7-8 without the souvenir glass.

The last bar menu I saw that was posted by zydeocruiser from a month or so ago, the bar prices had not gone up, at least since our last cruise last year.

Archived