Suggestion17 & 15 already did island tour

Boatingmom

We did an island tour years ago. It was alright but my daughter got car sick. Im looking for something good for a 15 and 17 year old. Perhaps land sea or plain old jalousie beach? The port b4 is Martinique and we're staying on ship due to the rudeness of the islarders during our last stop there.

We did an island tour years ago. It was alright but my daughter got car sick. Im looking for something good for a 15 and 17 year old. Perhaps land sea or plain old jalousie beach? The port b4 is Martinique and we're staying on ship due to the rudeness of the islarders during our last stop there.

They might enjoy a catamaran excursion that goes to the Pitons with a beach/swimming stop.

LuLu

~~~~

I booked a tour in January 2014 with Herod for St. Lucia for this same reason. I have a son that is prone to car sickness. He was recommended to me by a friend who used him on a cruise.

It is the Island Splendor Coastal Tour. Most of it is by boat. If you choose the waterfall or mud bath, that part is by motorcar but those are optional and at an additional charge.

We did Spencer Ambrose's "Jalousie Beach Break" in May. That's the beach between the Pitons. Beautiful!!! We took a 45 minute speed boat ride from the ship to the beach, had about 4 hours at the beach (plenty of time for snorkel and beach time). Lunch was served on the beach: BBQ chicken, green salad, green banana salad, potato salad, two types of rice, and some root type vegetables. Taro root was one. The roots and green banana salad were VERY good. There is also unlimited beverages provided (water, soft drinks, Piton Beer and rum punch). We took the speed boat back but that took a little longer since we stopped at several points of interest along the way. That's the "Sea Tour" portion of the excursion. We were back at the ship by 3:45, which allowed plenty of time in the cruise center shops. I highly recommend it - one of the best tours we ever did and was a very fun day. If your daughter gets motion sickness, I'd recommend something before the boat ride out, just in case. I tend to get motion sickness but had no problems on the speed boat ride to or from the ship. I didn't take anything that morning either. It's usually if I'm on a boat that's just trolling slowly and cruise ships after long hours on the water.

Thanks for the responses. We've decided on some sort of beach break/snorkeling the Pitons. No car sickness there. Also, I'm the one who gets sea sick but only if the sea has swells and is rolling. I should be fine on a catamaran or water taxi. Now I just have to pick an operator:rolleyes:. Anything to avoid driving the island. I get dizzy looking back.

I can't recommend enough Exodus Boat Tours. They do half day and full day charters. We just got back from our 3rd trip to St. Lucia and we did our 2nd trip with Exodus. Whale/dolphin watching, snorkeling, stopping by the beautiful bays as well as the snorkeling at the Pitons. Whatever you want to do. Captain Dell is the best.

Those roads there are so curvy! Too much driving. Ugh. Much prefer the water tours myself on St. Lucia.

Archived