Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Hi, My name is Beera. I'm in my 50's. I'm taking my first solo cruise April 12 on the Breakaway. I am excited but nervous as I don't know what to expect!

Don't expect anything. Let your mind and body direct you and you will have a fantastic cruise. All troubles float away. Nothing like staring out at the ocean without someone looking over your shoulder. Look in your mirror and say, "I did it all by myself"!

Hi, My name is Beera. I'm in my 50's. I'm taking my first solo cruise April 12 on the Breakaway. I am excited but nervous as I don't know what to expect!

Expect to have a really great time because I'm sure you will. The Breakaway is a terrific ship. I loved it. Make sure you go to the singles get together before dinner each evening and unless you want to eat alone, you will never have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the Jewel have solo studios? Looking at a cruise with other solos and wondering if they have solo activities like the other NCL ships. Thanks.

I believe only the newer ships have solo studios (Breakaway, Getaway, Epic and Escape) Don't know specifically about the Jewel but what I have heard from other cruisers is that there are solo cruiser get togethers & activities organized by NCL on many of their ships.

Edited by 42CruiseCrazy

Carnival Liberty out of San Juan, May 3 on a Southern Carrib iten here.

I sailed on the Liberty last year as a solo traveler for the first time. It was fun, I didn't see any solo get togethers but I didn't look for any. I was so needing a vacation, I just enjoyed being by myself. I did meet a few other solos on excursions and all seem to have a great time!

I have just booked my first cruise on the Jade departing Venice June 13. I have travelled solo before, but never been on a cruise, so am a bit nervous, but looking forward to it. I am pleased to hear about the solo gatherings on the Jade, as the roll call for the cruise is not very active.

Hi.

I have been on cruise critic before, but just came across this thread. What a fantastic idea. I have been on singles cruises before, but there are others that I have always wanted to try. I have cruised solo twice before and while I did okay, it was a little tough.

Are there any people going on cruises yet for next year? I am trying to find a different one, any suggestions.

Thanks.

Annmarie

Hi Annie,

Lots of people book their cruises months to years in advance. I suggest you search around for something that interests you, and once you book a trip, join the roll call on these boards.

I usually lean towards Royal Caribbean but I've read there are other lines which may be a bit more solo friendly to choose from.

The best thing to do is keep an open mind when looking around and see what works best for you. :)

Hi.

I have been on cruise critic before, but just came across this thread. What a fantastic idea. I have been on singles cruises before, but there are others that I have always wanted to try. I have cruised solo twice before and while I did okay, it was a little tough.

Are there any people going on cruises yet for next year? I am trying to find a different one, any suggestions.

Thanks.

Annmarie

I agree with Runner2013. NCL has very solo friendly cruises on the Breakaway and Getaway. I've been on each ship once and I'm going on the Breakaway again on December 13th. Go to the NCL website and check it out. Whether you get a solo studio or another type of cabin, ALL solos are welcome to the evening get-togethers.

Hi Annie,

Lots of people book their cruises months to years in advance. I suggest you search around for something that interests you, and once you book a trip, join the roll call on these boards.

I usually lean towards Royal Caribbean but I've read there are other lines which may be a bit more solo friendly to choose from.

The best thing to do is keep an open mind when looking around and see what works best for you. :)

Thank you for the information and thoughts, appreciate it.:)

I agree with Runner2013. NCL has very solo friendly cruises on the Breakaway and Getaway. I've been on each ship once and I'm going on the Breakaway again on December 13th. Go to the NCL website and check it out. Whether you get a solo studio or another type of cabin, ALL solos are welcome to the evening get-togethers.

Thanks for the info, I am definitely going to check out these 2 ships.:)

Hi,

Just booked my 4th solo cruise. I took a leap and booked the Allure 1st time on such a big ship any advice from anyone that has done this ship solo? I've booked MTD which I love, can go when I want and enjoy dining at my own pace. I took a chance on an ocean view guarantee I like a window to wake up to.

Thanks

Colleen

I've got 2 solo cruises booked.

Celebrity Millennium RT from Singapore going to Bali, Komodo, Phuket, Penang, and Port Klang (Kuala Lumpur).

Celebrity Summit RT from Puerto Rico doing a southern Caribbean itinerary. This will be the second leg of a B2B with the first leg a mom/daughter cruise with my mom. I love her to pieces, but I'm sure I'll be happy to be solo for the second week. ;)

Hello to all the other solos out there! It's a great way to travel.

12/4/16 and 12/11/16 studio cabins are $422. plus taxes and port fees. 7 night Western Caribbean. I'm booked on the 12/4 sailing.

Just checked this out what a great deal and the perfect time for me. you may see me on the 12/4/2016 sailing too :)

Hi,

Just booked my 4th solo cruise. I took a leap and booked the Allure 1st time on such a big ship any advice from anyone that has done this ship solo? I've booked MTD which I love, can go when I want and enjoy dining at my own pace. I took a chance on an ocean view guarantee I like a window to wake up to.

Thanks

Colleen

My first and only solo cruise was on Allure in December and it is a great ship for solos. I had to pay double but there is so much to do you will never feel alone. I read this whole thread and followed the advice especially from 42cruisecrazy. I went to trivia, joined a team and played with them many times. Met some other solos and palled around. Joined various couples for cocktails and met many of the same folks in the Diamond lounge often for breakfasts and cocktails. I sailed with a friend last week and am going with family in August on Oasis. After that I'm back to solo. So much more relaxing to be alone and do just what you want to do. No waiting for folks to get ready, yada yada

My first and only solo cruise was on Allure in December and it is a great ship for solos. I had to pay double but there is so much to do you will never feel alone. I read this whole thread and followed the advice especially from 42cruisecrazy. I went to trivia, joined a team and played with them many times. Met some other solos and palled around. Joined various couples for cocktails and met many of the same folks in the Diamond lounge often for breakfasts and cocktails. I sailed with a friend last week and am going with family in August on Oasis. After that I'm back to solo. So much more relaxing to be alone and do just what you want to do. No waiting for folks to get ready, yada yada

Amen!!

Thanks for the info, I am definitely going to check out these 2 ships.:)

I took my own advice and checked out NCL. I booked a December 2016 trip on the Escape in a solo studio, and I'm also looking at either a Caribbean or Alaska trip this September or next...

Sometimes it pays to listen to myself I guess:eek: