Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

First time cruising solo. Heard and read about NCL's single / solo friendly cruises. On this upcoming cruise, unfortunately, I am not located in the studio rooms (sharing balcony suite with a family member).

Am I able to access the Studio Lounge? or partake in single cruiser events?

Any tips on which singles events to watch out for on NCL?

Thanks in advance :)

Hello Happy Cruisers, Am Sailing Solo For My First Time On The Amazing Epic with Norwegian Cruise Line March 29th 2015,Departing From Miami Fl. Looking forward To Meet Other Solo Travelers On This 7 Days Journey. Any Suggestions, Pics, Ideas Or Recommendations From Passed Solo Travelers?

First time cruising solo. Heard and read about NCL's single / solo friendly cruises. On this upcoming cruise, unfortunately, I am not located in the studio rooms (sharing balcony suite with a family member).

Am I able to access the Studio Lounge? or partake in single cruiser events?

Any tips on which singles events to watch out for on NCL?

Thanks in advance :)

The door to the solo lounge is generally propped open near meeting time each night. Check your daily for the time. My cruise was 5pm but more a few ppl have reported that there meetings were later.

If you click with some of the solos, you can meet for drinks, shows etc.

Make sure to sign up for your cruise roll call. Also go to the meet and mingle if they schedule one.

Have fun!!

The door to the solo lounge is generally propped open near meeting time each night. Check your daily for the time. My cruise was 5pm but more a few ppl have reported that there meetings were later.

If you click with some of the solos' date=' you can meet for drinks, shows etc.

Make sure to sign up for your cruise roll call. Also go to the meet and mingle if they schedule one.

Have fun!![/quote']

Thanks for the tips!

Looking at NCL Breakaway 12/27/15....anyone else interested?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Was on Breakaway last month. Best cruise ever!! Hope to do the 12 day on Jan 3, 2016. It is an awesome ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just booked this cruise. Looking if there are any other solo's going on this one.

The ship looks amazing! First time on Celebrity.

TIme to R and R and have some fun and sun!

Haven't been on this particular Celebrity ship, but I love the line. I'll be heading out 3 days later for my first solo cruise on Royal Princess for 10 days of exploring some islands I haven't visited yet.

Just booked this cruise. Looking if there are any other solo's going on this one.

The ship looks amazing! First time on Celebrity.

TIme to R and R and have some fun and sun!

Hi,:) I am not on the cruise but I have sailed this ship before:D

Hope you have a wonderful time.......she is a beautiful vessel:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All -

I have just booked on the Norwegian Pearl, Feb. 6-13 and am quite excited!

I think I've seen all the posts on here lately, and I don't recall seeing any other solos on this ship. Are there any of you out there?

At any rate, I'm looking forward to it. Have no trepidation about the solo bit, I've travelled quite a lot by myself and am happy to do it.

Cruise on!

Hello All -

I have just booked on the Norwegian Pearl, Feb. 6-13 and am quite excited!

I think I've seen all the posts on here lately, and I don't recall seeing any other solos on this ship. Are there any of you out there?

At any rate, I'm looking forward to it. Have no trepidation about the solo bit, I've travelled quite a lot by myself and am happy to do it.

Cruise on!

I will also be cruising NCL at the same time. Feb. 7-14 on the Getaway. Got a last minute deal. Very excited to be going on this ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi there! I'm taking my first solo cruise on the May 30th sailing of the Carnival Glory. I booked it as a Christmas/Birthday present to myself. I love to cruise 2-3 times a year and had no one to join me this time, so I bit the bullet.

I'm so excited to be able to do what I want when I want and to have an entire cabin to myself - just don't tell the hubs that last part!

Still trying to decide on which dinner option to pick. I usually select YTD when traveling with others, but I think I'd like regular tablemates for this cruise. Decisions, decisions...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Hi there! I'm taking my first solo cruise on the May 30th sailing of the Carnival Glory. I booked it as a Christmas/Birthday present to myself. I love to cruise 2-3 times a year and had no one to join me this time, so I bit the bullet.

I'm so excited to be able to do what I want when I want and to have an entire cabin to myself - just don't tell the hubs that last part!

Still trying to decide on which dinner option to pick. I usually select YTD when traveling with others, but I think I'd like regular tablemates for this cruise. Decisions, decisions...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Having done Carnival as a solo a few times I would suggest Traditional Dining. If the first night doesn't work out, ask to be moved. It may take a couple nights but I have always ended up with people that I enjoyed dining with for the rest of the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just booked the Queen Victoria for New Year's Eve. Decided that I wasn't going to be at the mercy of other people and whether or not they will include me in their plans. So, I took matters into my own hands and was awarded for this decision. I booked the cheapest cabin and was upgraded the next day to a balcony!