Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Hi everyone, I am taking my second solo cruise in October on Carnival Paradise out of Tampa (October 24). It is the first time I will be sailing Carnival. I have done nine NCL cruises, but only once was I solo. I think the change of cruise line scares me more than being solo at this point. So many things I took for granted will be different. . . but i suppose it is mainly going to dinner when i feel like it. Any advice on taking a short Carnival Cruise would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi everyone, I am taking my second solo cruise in October on Carnival Paradise out of Tampa (October 24). It is the first time I will be sailing Carnival. I have done nine NCL cruises, but only once was I solo. I think the change of cruise line scares me more than being solo at this point. So many things I took for granted will be different. . . but i suppose it is mainly going to dinner when i feel like it. Any advice on taking a short Carnival Cruise would be appreciated. Thanks.

Carnival the Fun Ships , I think I like Carnival better than NCL

carnivalwhathappensseabest1.jpg.7ed4d9e2056a23ee6fd248d5c6eaa2b2.jpg

Sailing on the Escape on July 31st, 2016! First solo, it will be a relax from taking the bar exam trip, also will be getting off the ship two days before my 28th birthday!

Have you already taken the exam? If not, GOOD LUCK!

Carnival the Fun Ships , I think I like Carnival better than NCL

Please tell me what the advantages of Carnival are? I've been told that Celebrity would be better, but not sure that is in my budget. Please, let me know what to look forward too.

Anne

Sailing solo on RCCL Adventure of the Seas November 26, 2016 - first mini-suite and first aft cabin!

Sailing solo on the Regal Princess January 15 2017 (I think that is the date). Haven't sailed with Princess since the 90's!!

Any one else on these cruises??

Trying out the Escape for my third solo cruise and my fifth cruise overall. I'll be on the Oct 15th sailing, studio cabin. On debarkation day, I'll be shuttling up to FLL to meet my significant other for a shorter trip on the Royal Princess (he can't handle 7-day cruises-- yet). So it's a quasi back to back for me.

Please tell me what the advantages of Carnival are? I've been told that Celebrity would be better, but not sure that is in my budget. Please, let me know what to look forward too.

Anne

Carnival & NCL have a younger crowd and more families. Both cruise lines are loads of fun. NCL is more solo friendly with the Studio cabins on many ships. Celebrity is an older crowd fancier food and surroundings & more quiet and relaxing. My favourite is Norwegian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anne

Anne, I don't know your age but I'm over 55 and I'm a Princess cruiser, that said, every once in a while and because of the venue or the port that the ship is leaving from, I book a Carnival Cruise and ALWAYS have a great time.

It's a lively crowd, and Carnival kicks-up the entertainment onboard to keep that crowd interested. The cabins are large and lovely. The crew is ALWAYS ready to help and those towel animals are so adorable and a treat to come back to at the end of a full day.

You can join in as much fun [hairy chest, legs, back] contests as you want and the many parades and fun stuff as you like or just sit back and people-watch.

Your pocket-book will thank you and your spirits will truly be lifted, I promise!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Hi,

I am counting down the days until this cruise, my third solo with Princess. Love cruising with them! This is my reward to me for completing a Master's last year at age 59 - a work requirement, sigh. Looking forward to lots of reading, relaxing, photography and being able to "just be" for a while. I'd be happy if the ship sailed in a circle because I adore sea days, but this cruise has lots of great islands to visit so will surely keep busy. And the folks who cruise on Princess are among the most friendly out there. Hope to meet some of you!

Kay

Hi, sailing on the Harmony of the Seas, October 23, from Barcelona to Fort lauderdale. This is my first solo cruise, and i'm a little nervous. Anyone else going solo on this voyage? Any experiences you can share with me? I'm a Diamond Plus member, but never been by my self on a cruise.

Hi, sailing on the Harmony of the Seas, October 23, from Barcelona to Fort lauderdale. This is my first solo cruise, and i'm a little nervous. Anyone else going solo on this voyage? Any experiences you can share with me? I'm a Diamond Plus member, but never been by my self on a cruise.

I have some FB friends that are gonna be on it. We Love Royal Caribbean is the group to look for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am one of many solos on that cruise. Check out the roll call.