Overnight in a Port?

I've looked several places but I can't seem to find the answer. Does Carnival have any cruises that spend the night in a Port? As much as I love cruising, my husband wants to spend longer on the island. No matter where you go, it seems like as soon as you get there, it is time to turn around and head back to the ship.

I've looked several places but I can't seem to find the answer. Does Carnival have any cruises that spend the night in a Port? As much as I love cruising, my husband wants to spend longer on the island. No matter where you go, it seems like as soon as you get there, it is time to turn around and head back to the ship.

Med cruises used to have one in Venice, not sure if they still do.

We went to Bermuda and spent 2 nights 3 days there, not on Carnival.

I may be wrong, but I vaguely remember seeing a couple CCL Bahamas cruises that overnight in Nassau. Not sure if they still do as this was from quite some time ago.

If you are ot restricting yourself to CCL, any cruise that goes to Bermuda will overnight at least one, if not two nights.

Edited by PCHENG

Cabo is not an overnight. The ship does not dock there, as it is a tender port. You do spend 2 days in Cabo, so you could chose to spend the night and just re-board the next day, but the ship leaves and comes back, so def not an overnight port per se.

Carnival does do an overnight on the Mexico cruises that have 2 days in PV instread of 2 days in Cabo. In PV the ship docks, and stays there all night and you can come and go as you please at anytime until like 3PM the next day.

There are also some overnights in Nassau. I cant remember which ship(s) so this though.

Edited by jwalk03

Cabo has an overnight.

Cabo is a tender port , they dont let you go on and off the ship all night do they ?

I believe they actually have to sail away off the coast a little when in cabo, then come back the next day

I may be wrong, but I vaguely remember seeing a couple CCL Bahamas cruises that overnight in Nassau. Not sure if they still do as this was from quite some time ago.

That's Imagination's 3-day cruise. It arrives to Nassau in mid morning, then leaves at 6:00 AM next day. Sensation stays there really late but not overnight on some sailings. The one I was on stayed until 1:00 AM. Good times.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

Cabo is not an overnight. The ship does not dock there, as it is a tender port. You do spend 2 days in Cabo, so you could chose to spend the night and just re-board the next day, but the ship leaves and comes back, so def not an overnight port per se.

Carnival does do an overnight on the Mexico cruises that have 2 days in PV instread of 2 days in Cabo. In PV the ship docks, and stays there all night and you can come and go as you please at anytime until like 3PM the next day.

There are also some overnights in Nassau. I cant remember which ship(s) so this though.

That's what I meant. If you want, you can get off at night and then reboard the next day.

The Miracle is overnighting in Puerta Vallarta Feb 8, Feb 22, March 8 and March 22 in 2014. Arriving at noon, leaving a 3pm the next afternoon.

Cabo is a tender port and Carnival leaves the bay at night. If you stay onshore there is always a possibility of the ship not being able to drop anchor the next day. I have heard the Princess stays anchored all night. The rare itins that have La Paz some pax will stay over night in Cabo and bus or cab it over to La Paz.

We sailed from Vancouver to Hawaii last Sept/12 we had an overnite in Maui and Honnalulu. :)

Weekend cruise to the Bahamas overnights in Nassau.

The problem with not reboarding in Cabo is there have been times the wind and waves prevented tendering the second day-----the ship would "skip" the second Cabo day and sail away! Carnival strongly discourages staying in Cabo overnight for this reason.

My wife and I did the overnight in Cabo and it was pretty nice. The guest services people asked for a copy of our passports. We took the water taxi to our hotel on Medano Beach. Cabo on that particular Tuesday night was pretty dead though. Our contingency plan in case the ship could not make it back into the bay was to fly to Puerto Vallarta.

• 6 years later...