Is this worth it for a spa balcony?

terigo

We currently have a regular balcony midship on the 8th deck. We can upgrade to a spa balcony for $80.00 more per person. So the main advantage I can see is no smoking, but what about the thermal spa and the thalassatherapy pool and the elemis products? Are they worth the extra?

Thanks in advance!

Teri

PS I should have mentioned this is a one week cruise on the Dream

We currently have a regular balcony midship on the 8th deck. We can upgrade to a spa balcony for $80.00 more per person. So the main advantage I can see is no smoking, but what about the thermal spa and the thalassatherapy pool and the elemis products? Are they worth the extra?

Thanks in advance!

Teri

PS I should have mentioned this is a one week cruise on the Dream

Elemis products are just small samples and may or may not be refilled. Once ours were and once they were not. The Thermal spa and thalassatherapy pool are nice, when not too crowded. We get the spa balcony just to avoid the smoke. We know we will have a pleasant retreat up there. But, we never had a difference in price of more than $30.00 per person between that an a regular balcony.

Teri -

If you think you would enjoy

Thalassotherapy Pool

Thermal Suite: Dry Heat Chambers (Lanconium and Tepidarium)

Thermal Suite: Steam Chambers (Oriental and Aroma Steambaths

then switch. The price for a spa pass is $159 for 1 person or $250 for a couple. Seems like it would make sense to upgrade if you think you would go.

We booked the spa pass on the Magic last year and I was worried it wouldn't be worth the price. We ended up loving it! My husband and I went to the spa every day and it was so relaxing and never crowded. We enjoyed so much we booked a spa balcony on our upcoming cruise on the Breeze.

We booked the spa pass on the Magic last year and I was worried it wouldn't be worth the price. We ended up loving it! My husband and I went to the spa every day and it was so relaxing and never crowded. We enjoyed so much we booked a spa balcony on our upcoming cruise on the Breeze.

hell yeah worth every penny plus no smoking balcony. 80$ yeah go ahead quick!!

We had a spa balcony on Dream a while ago. I liked the no smoking neighbors but I don't think we got enough enjoyment from the spa itself. I have to say we are older and DH uses a walker to get around and we went to the thalasso pool but the ship was rockin' and rollin' making the water slosh out and over etc. DH had a very hard time walking down the steps to the pool. That was our own fault and I think someone younger would enjoy the pool more.

The Elemis products, as mentioned earlier, are just samples and I didn't like the scent at all, so I didn't use them.

Having said all that, if we were to go on Dream again, which we won't as it's leaving Pt Canaveral for $80 I'd upgrade to the Spa balcony, but be sure it is a Spa balcony, not just a balcony on that deck as there are some that are more toward the center of the ship and they don't have Spa access.

One last thought is that these balconies are very forward and that sometimes is difficult for those who feel the motion more than others.

Either way, enjoy your trip.

Go for it. I had spa balcony on the Dream and loved the spa. Went everyday. I think it cost a lot more the $80 to use if you don't get it with spa room. I now get spa balcony on smaller ships also.

Hell freaking yes! If it is a longer cruise and you plan to use the spa...if not then save your $. I upgraded for $10 for the cabin and let me tell you I will never ever ever go back to a regular balcony.

I had a Spa balcony on the Magic in January.

Since the Dream and Magic are sister ships, you wont have a ceiling on your balcony so there won't be any shade or if it rains nothing to keep you dry.

All that said, I would book a Spa balcony again in a heart beat. It was the quiet, and location is well worth it.

I had a Spa balcony on the Magic in January.

Since the Dream and Magic are sister ships, you wont have a ceiling on your balcony so there won't be any shade or if it rains nothing to keep you dry.

All that said, I would book a Spa balcony again in a heart beat. It was the quiet, and location is well worth it.

spa balconys on 11 have a cover

Just got off the Breeze and did a Spa inside for the first time.

The steam rooms and pool were SUCH a nice relaxing thing to be able to just walk into whenever we pleased... Totally worth the extra money. If you're into relaxation I say do it! :D

We paid $50pp extra to book a spa room on a sister ship instead of the original idea. It was worth it to us, and I'm not much of a spa person at all. I still thought it was worth it. $80pp would probably be slightly more than I'd be willing to spend, but for most people, that is well worth it. I really enjoyed the thermal suite, which were 4 rooms of various temperatures & scents. Those were nice & relaxing. Mom loved the therapy pool. The terribly tiny samples of Elemis products is the most insignificant thing ever. They aren't that great, and the 0.000002 ounces you get of each thing don't last long. But the thermal suite & that pool made it worth it.

So if you are in a Spa Balcony you have 100% access to the Spa and all the equipement WITHOUT having to pay the extra $250+ for a couple or do you still have to pay that?

Yes, the use of all the Cloud 9 spa facilities are included with a spa cabin (they do have inside/OV spa rooms too). However, only the first 2 people booked in a cabin get the spa access, any additional passengers booked in these cabins can purchase the weekly pass if they are still available.

Yes, the use of all the Cloud 9 spa facilities are included with a spa cabin (they do have inside/OV spa rooms too). However, only the first 2 people booked in a cabin get the spa access, any additional passengers booked in these cabins can purchase the weekly pass if they are still available.

Cool, thanks.

Last January we booked a cabin on a lower deck on the Dream and paid the $250/couple Spa package once we got on board the ship just to try it out. We used the facilities everyday and liked it so much we just booked another January cruise with the Cloud 9 Spa package to have the private access and no additional fees. In our case our final cost was only $30 more. Too bad the Dream is leaving PC. The ships replacing it don't have the Thallaso pool etc. Bummer! :( This may be our last Carnival cruise in the Caribbean since we live at a beach and the ports offer no attraction for us.

Cheers!

Last January we booked a cabin on a lower deck on the Dream and paid the $250/couple Spa package once we got on board the ship just to try it out. We used the facilities everyday and liked it so much we just booked another January cruise with the Cloud 9 Spa package to have the private access and no additional fees. In our case our final cost was only $30 more. Too bad the Dream is leaving PC. The ships replacing it don't have the Thallaso pool etc. Bummer! :( This may be our last Carnival cruise in the Caribbean since we live at a beach and the ports offer no attraction for us.

Cheers!

That's what happened to us too, booked a cove and purchased the week package. Best money I think I've ever spent on a cruise, used the spa and t-pool a lot. Have 2 more booked on the Dream in spa rooms this time and am looking forward to the convenience of having it just a few steps from our cabin. It was quite a trek regularly from our cove cabin.

I'm going to miss the Dream also but we will still have the Breeze in Miami and will consider sailing on her in the future.

Just ran an Excel Spreedsheet and it is $10 more total price for us to book the Spa Balcony than it is to keep the balcony on deck 8 and buy the spa package for the week. So the total upgrade would be $130 pp more than what I have now, the only real benifit is closer to the spa and non-smoking.

I'm just trying to get a better understanding of these spa rooms. On all other ships the steam room and hot tub area in the spa is free for use to all passengers. Is it no longer free to use on ships that have spa cabins or do these cabins have a separate, more elaborate spa area?

Archived