NCL breakaway .. 3 days seems long In Bermuda

vicnkojo

I am wondering if boredom sits in on day 2 in Bermuda? it seems there is not much to do for 3 days. I have planned on the perfumery, horseback riding, the caves, and jet skiing all by "DIY", looking for ideas on how to fill in the rest of the time... thanks in advance:)

I am wondering if boredom sits in on day 2 in Bermuda? it seems there is not much to do for 3 days. I have planned on the perfumery, horseback riding, the caves, and jet skiing all by "DIY", looking for ideas on how to fill in the rest of the time... thanks in advance:)

The Beaches are all amazing. There are tons of shops on front street in Hamilton if that's your thing. Amazing golf courses if you are interested in that. Lot's and lot's of nice restaurants to enjoy on the island. I felt 3 days was not nearly enough the last time we went to Bermuda.

Ferry to St. George - There's was a tourism official aboard and a tour guide who offered a free walking tour. I don't know if that's a regular thing.

Once there. the town crier and ducking of the wench :p

Free shuttle bus to Fort St. Catherine - I thought it would be boring instead found it quite interesting and the groundskeepers very nice and helpful. The pictures of the fort you see on the outside is the tip of the iceberg, and it was interesting exploring the bowels of the fort and artifacts and how the batallions lived. Ask for the room with the A/C to seek shelter from the heat. From there you can take the shuttle back or walk to Tobacco Bay Beach for drinks, scuba, then walk back into town past the Unfinished Church, stop by the supermarket and have lunch in the park and a Ginger Beer, visit St. Peters Church (also a volunteer there to give you some history). Or maybe stop by the supermarket first to pack a lunch and have it at the Fort/Tobacco Bay.

.....will be my third cruise to Bermuda. My first was on Carnival with a 1 night stay Saturday into Sunday. The problem with that cruise is that you got there late on Saturday. A lot of things close around 6pm and then not much is open on Sunday. My second cruise was for my Honeymoon last year. Unfortunately we had a family issue that put a damper on the cruise. Both times we enjoyed the island when we were able to.

And here's hoping this year is drama free for my 1 year anniversary cruise.

:)

wasiii

Spend a day walking north along the shore starting at Horseshoe bay. Stop at all the coves.

Walk around St George. There's a $2 app with an audio tour we really enjoyed. Then keep walking north to tobacco bay.

3 days wasn't enough for us, but we sleep in on vacation and things close at 6 in Bermuda.

This will be my fourth time there and cannot get enough~~one time flew and three times on a cruise including this one~~St. George is a nice place to visit~~take the ferry over~~Hamilton also~~You must see Horseshoe beach and the surrounding beaches~~The clocktower mall by where the ship docks is nice~aways have to buy rum cake to bring home for the family! Bermuda is beautiful! Enjoy!:)

Sailed to Bermuda nine times. Still haven't seen everything. :)

My three days flew by. Next time I go there, I will fly and spend the cruise money on a hotel. I'd like at least a week! It's really a beautiful place to visit. I miss it already.:(

We are sailing on Sunday, 7/14. We are also DIY-ing. Our plans are to spend Wednesday in Hamilton and take part in Harbour Night in Hamilton in the evening. Thursday it's off to St. George during the day and Lennon Dockyard in the evening at the Victualing Yard. Friday it's off to the beach(es) before sailing. We also plan to find some time to explore the dockyard itself as it seems to have been developed since we were last there. I read something about a street fair at the dockyard but haven't been able to find any specific info about it.

I will be posting when we return. I'll let you know if this was enough.

.....will be my third cruise to Bermuda. My first was on Carnival with a 1 night stay Saturday into Sunday. The problem with that cruise is that you got there late on Saturday. A lot of things close around 6pm and then not much is open on Sunday. My second cruise was for my Honeymoon last year. Unfortunately we had a family issue that put a damper on the cruise. Both times we enjoyed the island when we were able to.

And here's hoping this year is drama free for my 1 year anniversary cruise.

wasiii

Happy Anniversary!! It's already been a year! I'll be back on the Star for the TA in October. Hope you love the Breakaway, It's 9 months away for us.

Happy Anniversary!! It's already been a year! I'll be back on the Star for the TA in October. Hope you love the Breakaway, It's 9 months away for us.

.....we both need this vacation this year.

wasiii

Just off the Breakaway. Three days was not enough time in Bermuda. This was our first visit to Bermuda and next time we will fly there and stay a week as well. Bermuda is now our new favorite island! I can't say enough positive things about Bermuda. Day one we took a tour of the island (booked the tour on our own) this was the best tour of any island we have ever been on. Day two we went on a 2 tank morning dive (we are divers) and then we headed to Church Bay Park for an afternoon of snorkeling. Day 3 we rented a pontoon boat from Somerset Bridge and explored the island by boat. Again, we LOVE Bermuda and three days was not enough :)

Having cruised to Bermuda 2 or 3 times already, I have to say I thought the same thing and booked the Breakaway only because it was new.

The 3 days went by quickly and we found plenty to do and I would go back again!

I NEVER get enough of Bermuda:)

Archived