Very recent cruisers - ICE ?

CocoaMom

Sailed the Liberty (April) in a suite. Room steward told us they had been told that only suites are now to be given ice unless someone specifically asks. Just learned from someone that on the Freedom (possible next cruise for me), they did in fact have to ask ... also their ice bucket was not there - possibly because they had purchased the cooler/beer pkg?

So my question for very recent cruisers (not in a suite) - was your ice bucket there and did you have to specifically ask for ice?

Apparently this is a "new" policy but obviously not yet implemented on all ships. They feel the ice often goes to waste, melts, leaks, etc. So if you want ice and your bucket isnt there just let your steward know and it will be provided for you and refreshed as needed.

Ours was always full in a Inside room and OV Room and even kept our cooler full w/o asking. Our kids even ordered room service for a BIG bucket of ice as small room bucket on held 2 drinks and RS bucked holds 6 pack and room steward kept that full also nightly at turn down.

First of all calling it an ice "bucket" is a huge stretch of the imagination. Its more like an ice cup. I doubt it holds more than 3-4 cups of ice. I am an "iceaholic" and there is never enough ice for me. I always tell the steward to have LOTS of ice all the time. I take a collapsible cooler to be filled and they always accommodate me. Some people need coffee first thing in the morning. I need an icey cold Coke and a huge glass of ice. The fridge only cools soft drinks a bit. It does not get them cold.

On my recent Breeze cruise there was a "bucket" in the cabin. I'll continue to bring my cooler just in case.

On Victory, we were asked by the Steward if we wanted ice. Since we were in a Spa deck cabin (odd for a frugal cruiser like me), and we were just a hop and skip away from the Lido, we declined.

Sailed the Liberty (April) in a suite. Room steward told us they had been told that only suites are now to be given ice unless someone specifically asks. Just learned from someone that on the Freedom (possible next cruise for me), they did in fact have to ask ... also their ice bucket was not there - possibly because they had purchased the cooler/beer pkg?

So my question for very recent cruisers (not in a suite) - was your ice bucket there and did you have to specifically ask for ice?

We have been on 5 different ships since January and 2 of the 5, there was no bucket. Just ask the steward when he comes around, and you will have it.

Not an issue, just ask if you don't see one. Some stewards give them anyway saving themselves if they don't leave one and then have to get it.

Apparently this is a "new" policy but obviously not yet implemented on all ships. They feel the ice often goes to waste, melts, leaks, etc. So if you want ice and your bucket isnt there just let your steward know and it will be provided for you and refreshed as needed.

I've always thought this approach would make more sense.

Going on the Freedom in 11 days. I will let you know if this is fact or fiction.

We were on the Dream this May, in a cove balcony. We had the bucket, but first had to ask the cabin steward for ice, but after that, he kept ice in there, every day.

Guess too many cruisers just not using the ice.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

Archived