Infinity drydock / update ?

pkamison

thanks - several folks have posted that it still needs some updating and if my cruise is a year away things may be even worse....maybe Celebrity will read some of the recent reviews...

We just did B2B on Infinity and I did notice rust on exterior steel surfaces that needed to be blasted off, primed and painted. The ship is still what I would call very clean inside. Furnishings and interiors were not in bad shape.

We were on the Infinity in March. During the solsticization they added Qsine on deck 11. I'm not sure if Bistro on 5 was already there but it is across the deck from the new martini bar.

On deck 11 they added balcony cabins. The exterior cabins are Aqua class.

The ship was in good shape. We've been sailing for 30+ years and have never been on a ship that wasn't scraping and painting. Those are necessities at sea.

We may be sailing her again next year without hesitation.

• 6 months later...
There will be a short dry dock just before the nov 4 2014 Panama Canal cruise.

Don't think so as she is doing an 8 night Caribbean 10/27-11/4 prior to the canal cruise which we are on.......I don't see any dates with a gap where she might be in drydock.

Edited by Gracie115

I noticed a 1-week-gap at the end of May following a cruise to the British Isles and ending in Copenhagen. I have been speculating what this gap might mean, too: charter? quick check-up? All of the crew given a free week's holiday in beautiful Copenhagen? ;)

I noticed a 1-week-gap at the end of May following a cruise to the British Isles and ending in Copenhagen. I have been speculating what this gap might mean, too: charter? quick check-up? All of the crew given a free week's holiday in beautiful Copenhagen? ;)

ha ha....doubt their given free week's off....possibly that's the drydock mentioned earlier here....