HAL Bridgetown time between excursions

justarry

I realize this is a very specific question, but.. are there any quick-eats at the Bridgetown terminal in Barbados, without having to go to a place in the streets of bridgetown or back into the ship? I plan to do the turtle excursion from 8:30-11:30 ...then my next excursion (the photo-island tour) starts at 12:45. the exact timing is never guaranteed, so we may or may not be back exactly at 11:30 or 12:00. I won't have enough time to go back into the ship and have lunch/change clothes so I will just have to spend the rest of the day wearing something over my bathing suit. However, we really want to do both excursions! We want to play it safe and make it on time for our second excursion which meets at the terminal, so there won't be enough time to walk downtown, eat something, and come back. we also don't want to starve the whole day, as there is no meal provided on either of the excursions. did anyone see a quick eat out at the terminal ?

thanks so much for your help!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

If you don't get many suggestions here, try posting on the Barbados port of call board. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124

Have a great cruise!

Scrapnana, thanks for the suggestion . I just joined today and am having a hard time navigating around the site. I did as you recommended but said i cannot post new threads on the barbados board. How do I do this and how do i find the barbados forum? I tried searching but this website is not easy to figure out.

One thing you should know about Barbados terminal.

Many times lately HAL ships have been docking in the freight yard and several times we were required to use buses - other times we could walk.

If you are the last ship in -- you could also dock at the very far end of the pier and it is quite a long walk from the terminal to the ship. There are tiny shuttle buses that operate -- they do not hold many people.

If your first excursions runs late -- you will not have time to get back to the ship and eat in the Lido.

• 1 month later...

Could you order sandwiches from room service the night before? Then put them in your fridge. After 1st tour go back to the ship and eat them before leaving for 2nd tour. Or order them for say 11:30, then they'd be in your cabin for you. Or, you can take prepackaged food off the ship- breakfast bars, maybe boxed cereal. But I have never seen them checking what you are taking off the ship, we used to take sandwiches I made from ham on the ship. We haven't done this for a while, we just eat a big breakfast!

Archived