1,2,3Go promo vs. Elite happy hour/coupons

Ruthk

I was just wondering - with the recent cruises, the 1,2,3 promo was very successful - therefore with so many people having drinks offered all day long, is the Elite happy hour still full - and even more curious, has anyone lately received the 3 Elite drink coupons? I'm just wondering how this promotion has effected the daily Elite happy hour.

We disembarked the Eclipse on Saturday. There were only 210 Elites on the cruise. Since we had upgraded to the Premium Beverage Package, we were at the Molecular Bar most of the time. I did go up to the Elite Happy Hour a couple times to just see if it was active. There were just a few couples there when I went in. I enjoy the Elite Happy Hour; but I was much happier with the Molecular Bar drinks. Also the Captain's Club rep, Bruce, wasn't someone we wanted to be around. They are normally great friendly people; but he needs to go back to charm school.

Gee, for you to say that, Mike, he must need the remedial level! (MVP is pretty easy going)The host on Silhouette for the first TA was also a doozy, but he did announce that he was moving on, so maybe he just didn't care.

He spent the entire cruise fawning over the two 'hired' companions to two older gentleman...which was actually quite funny to watch, so I actually gave him some points for entertainment value.:rolleyes:

Did you all just get back from a trip with Jim and Kathleen? Just got a postcard! Hope all is well.

Andrew

I did go up to the Elite Happy Hour a couple times to just see if it was active. There were just a few couples there when I went in. I enjoy the Elite Happy Hour; but I was much happier with the Molecular Bar drinks.

I also wonder about the impact of the 1,2,3 promotions on Elite happy hour. I think that friends cruising together will assemble in their favorite lounge rather than the designated Elite lounge. We have always liked the Rendezvous lounge for pre dinner drinks and dancing.

I am also curious about impending changes to the Captain's Club program and whether vouchers will replace a dedicated lounge for most members.

Gee, for you to say that, Mike, he must need the remedial level! (MVP is pretty easy going)The host on Silhouette for the first TA was also a doozy, but he did announce that he was moving on, so maybe he just didn't care.

He spent the entire cruise fawning over the two 'hired' companions to two older gentleman...which was actually quite funny to watch, so I actually gave him some points for entertainment value.:rolleyes:

Did you all just get back from a trip with Jim and Kathleen? Just got a postcard! Hope all is well.

Andrew

Got back on Saturday. Jim disliked Bruce even more than me. But everyone we talked with rolled their eyes when asked about Bruce, even staff. It was a shame, since he dealt with X's best customers. It was a great cruise despite Bruce.

I hope you will do one of your famous reviews in due course, Mike. They are always very informative, and if I remember correctly you pack a huge amount into your excursions!

Willma,

You can count on it! I am working on it now; but since we did a 10 day precruise in England, I have a big job ahead of me. Good thing I just retired so that work thing won't get in the way. :D

Archived