I am SO UPSET!! Breeze itinerary change Dec 29th!!

Hairnova

So upset right now as I just received an email that itinerary has been changed for Dec 29th sailing. I have cruised to Cayman and Cozumel already and so not interested in repeating them!!! I already booked our flights from Houston to Miami. What should I do aaarrrgggghhhhh....:mad:??

The Glory sails on the same day from Miami and does the Eastern Caribbean itinerary. The Conquest also sails that day from Miami but does a similar itinerary to the Breeze. If you pay the change fee the Freedom has an 8 day Eastern cruise the day before. Hopefully with the itinerary change Carnival will "play ball" with you should you prefer any of these sailings.

So upset right now as I just received an email that itinerary has been changed for Dec 29th sailing. I have cruised to Cayman and Cozumel already and so not interested in repeating them!!! I already booked our flights from Houston to Miami. What should I do aaarrrgggghhhhh....:mad:??

What Airline?

Some, like Southwest, will give you a full credit for cancellation. Check with your airline.

Also, if your sailing is Dec 29th, aren't you outside of penalty (unless Early Saver, I suppose)? Perhaps you could cancel (if you can get an airfare refund or credit).

Do you have insurance with a cancel-for-any-reason clause?

We are in the same boat for the Jan 26 cruise. Not happy at all! Airfare has already been purchased and will cost $500 to change. We chose our cruise for the ports- now we are repeating ports that we have already seen. Not happy at all.

Call Carnival immediately. It's my understanding that within 24 hours of notification you can switch ships/itinerary without penalty.

They changed the Itinerary for or Breeze Feb 9th cruise as well !!! I like the Grand Cayman change , but not too happy about Cozumel !! We went to Cozumel last year !!

BethAnn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

RCCL Majesty of the Seas 1995

Disney Wonder April 2009

Carnival Liberty Oct 2012

Carnival Breeze Feb 2014

Just checked my Jan 12th cruise--we were supposed to go to key west, Nassau and grand turk--now we are going to Ocho Rios, grand cayman and Cozumel--wow that is completely different.

I am ok with this though--I wasn't exactly thrilled with key west or Nassau-but LOVE the Breeze--so I think this will be ok for us. I wonder why they are making such drastic changes in iternaries though.

Funny thing is--it is still called an "exotic eastern carribean" cruise.

The Glory sails on the same day from Miami and does the Eastern Caribbean itinerary. The Conquest also sails that day from Miami but does a similar itinerary to the Breeze. If you pay the change fee the Freedom has an 8 day Eastern cruise the day before. Hopefully with the itinerary change Carnival will "play ball" with you should you prefer any of these sailings.

OP has 24 hours from the time they are advised of the itinerary change, to change to another cruise with no fee.

Its in the FAQs.

OP you do need to make up your mind fast though to change for free.

I called carnival and they said they won't be doing anything but refunding excursions purchased through Carnival. I bought mine direct. They also won't change or budge on us paying a change fee to switch ships! The carnival cruise line person I spoke with said that she noticed I've been to these places on all my past cruises except Cozumel and we do not want to go to Mexico! I'm so bummed. Changing dates would mean my kids would have to miss an extra day of school and we will not do that n. I went to look online again to book and all the breeze cruises are off the carnival site for Miami! What happened to them??

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

OP has 24 hours from the time they are advised of the itinerary change, to change to another cruise with no fee.

Its in the FAQs.

OP you do need to make up your mind fast though to change for free.

Where does it say we have 24 hours! We book early saver and she said that doesn't apply to us!! HO! We do not want to go on these

I called carnival and they said they won't be doing anything but refunding excursions purchased through Carnival. I bought mine direct. They also won't change or budge on us paying a change fee to switch ships! The carnival cruise line person I spoke with said that she noticed I've been to these places on all my past cruises except Cozumel and we do not want to go to Mexico! I'm so bummed. Changing dates would mean my kids would have to miss an extra day of school and we will not do that n. I went to look online again to book and all the breeze cruises are off the carnival site for Miami! What happened to them??

I noticed i cant see them either on Carnivals site. But it is mostly the 6 day cruises from about dec 2013 to feb 2014 that are missing right now. I initially tried that way to see if our ports changed, but then went to manage my cruise, which is where it showed our new ports. Maybe it is offline while they are making the official changes to the ports.

Where does it say we have 24 hours! We book early saver and she said that doesn't apply to us!! HO! We do not want to go on these

It does not matter what rate you booked.. I put in change itinerary on the search place on carnival.com (you might have to research). Read Carnival's policy to the rep who doesnt know their own policy.

http://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/port-cancellation-policy.aspx

Again.. be aware time is running out while they stall you.

ITINERARY CHANGE PRIOR TO DEPARTURE:

If Carnival has adequate notice prior to sailing that a vessel will deviate from the published itinerary it will promptly – upon making the itinerary change -- notify guests of the change through their travel agents or directly, in the case of a direct guest booking.

If the itinerary change is for reasons within Carnival’s exclusive control, guests will have the opportunity to cancel their booking without penalty prior to sailing and within 24 hours of the guest notification, and in such an instance, guests will have the option to receive either a cash refund or a future cruise credit. In the event a guest does not cancel the cruise on a timely basis, no refund of any kind will be available.

From the Carnival FAQs:

If Carnival has adequate notice prior to sailing that a vessel will deviate from the published itinerary it will promptly – upon making the itinerary change -- notify guests of the change through their travel agents or directly, in the case of a direct guest booking.

If the itinerary change is for reasons within Carnival’s exclusive control, guests will have the opportunity to cancel their booking without penalty prior to sailing and within 24 hours of the guest notification, and in such an instance, guests will have the option to receive either a refund or a future cruise credit. In the event a guest does not cancel the cruise on a timely basis, no refund of any kind will be available.

Due to the nature of a cruise vacation, itinerary changes sometimes become necessary for safety, weather or other reasons beyond the control of Carnival. If the itinerary change is for reasons beyond Carnival’s exclusive control, including but not limited to safety, security, weather, strikes, tides, hostilities, civil unrest, port closings, emergency debarkations of guests or crew, late air, sea, car or motor coach departures or arrivals, mechanical breakdowns or problems not known to Carnival, itinerary changes consistent with U.S. State Department travel warnings / advisories or other applicable US or foreign governmental advisories, guests will not be provided any compensation. Guests electing to cancel will be subject to the standard cancellation terms.

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx#q-544906

Maggie

From the Carnival FAQs:

If the itinerary change is for reasons within Carnival’s exclusive control, guests will have the opportunity to cancel their booking without penalty prior to sailing and within 24 hours of the guest notification, and in such an instance, guests will have the option to receive either a refund or a future cruise credit. In the event a guest does not cancel the cruise on a timely basis, no refund of any kind will be available.

Due to the nature of a cruise vacation, itinerary changes sometimes become necessary for safety, weather or other reasons beyond the control of Carnival. If the itinerary change is for reasons beyond Carnival’s exclusive control, including but not limited to safety, security, weather, strikes, tides, hostilities, civil unrest, port closings, emergency debarkations of guests or crew, late air, sea, car or motor coach departures or arrivals, mechanical breakdowns or problems not known to Carnival, itinerary changes consistent with U.S. State Department travel warnings / advisories or other applicable US or foreign governmental advisories, guests will not be provided any compensation. Guests electing to cancel will be subject to the standard cancellation terms.

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx#q-544906

Maggie

The sailings are now up on carnvals website with the new ports as of this morning.

I would have called back and read their own terms to them. I know my PVP would have gotten it done. Sounds like a lazy rep to me if you read their terms to them. I know others have done it.

I would not wait on John when it says you only have 24 hours to do it... call back and ask for a supervisor. Dont wait on John.

#1 John has nothing to do with reservations, hes a CD on a ship

#2 Once you are outside the 24 hour time frame... do you have anything in writing to prove you requested the change? Once you are past the 24 hours, they are going to say ooops, too late, you should have asked earlier.

#3 I know once John promised me to look into something. He told me in person and wrote down my info and so did one of his Stephanie's. It never happened. Well, either you can say he is a liar, or forgetfull or you just never hear about the people he makes promises to that he does not help. Remember all the other stuff like he posted for over a year that no one would lose loyalty benefits with the new program and Platinum lost like 3 perks? How about the dates he said things would happen that did not happen?

Remember he has nothing to do with booking or reservations. I think waiting and not getting to someone TODAY is foolish.

Try guest solutions.. someone else in a different dept. I would not sit back and take no for a answer if you seriously want to get this done. John can get free stuff to your cabin in his capacity as a CD .. bookings aint his dept.

Totally agree. Why would JH be the person to contact??

Get it done by the department that CAN get it done. Before its too late.

I know personally John has done things for people, so I went there too.

I did call and did speak with a customer service rep and supervisor and I am being advised that I am not able to without paying fees.

I am going to be persistant and if this avenue works for me, then I will definitley share it with other so that they may also have luck, too.

Some people may say no, but doesn't mean I have to quit there and not try other avenues too.

I had an itinerary change a few months ago on a paid off ES cruise and was not happy with the change either and called right away to cancel. The CS rep also said I'd have penalties, I read the above statement from the web site and all penalties were removed and I was offered a full refund or credit, my choice after being on hold for a bit.

Please let us know when the problem is resolved. It's disappointing to know a PVP doesn't know the company rules for the line they work for. I'm not a person who cruises for the itinerary, so the change wouldn't bother me. However, many of my friend cruise ONLY for the itinerary and would be very upset if it happened to them.

I know personally John has done things for people, so I went there too.

I did call and did speak with a customer service rep and supervisor and I am being advised that I am not able to without paying fees.

I am going to be persistant and if this avenue works for me, then I will definitley share it with other so that they may also have luck, too.

Some people may say no, but doesn't mean I have to quit there and not try other avenues too.

No one said to quit and not contact John... but I would be escalating this and talking to the dept that resolves problems. I think its called guest solutions.

Start asking for a supervisor..

I had an itinerary change a few months ago on a paid off ES cruise and was not happy with the change either and called right away to cancel. The CS rep also said I'd have penalties, I read the above statement from the web site and all penalties were removed and I was offered a full refund or credit, my choice after being on hold for a bit.

Right ... if you insisted and got it done, so can others.

It's Carnival's own policy.

It does not matter what rate you booked.. I put in change itinerary on the search place on carnival.com (you might have to research). Read Carnival's policy to the rep who doesnt know their own policy.

http://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/port-cancellation-policy.aspx

"If the itinerary change is for reasons within Carnival’s exclusive control, guests will have the opportunity to cancel their booking without penalty prior to sailing and within 24 hours of the guest notification..."

Again.. be aware time is running out while they stall you.

"If the itinerary change is for reasons within Carnival’s exclusive control, guests will have the opportunity to cancel their booking without penalty prior to sailing and within 24 hours of the guest notification..."

I think Carnival may be trying to get around this by saying they have changed the ports due to "port congestion" so the change is NOT for reasons within Carnival's exclusive control. :mad:

They changed the Itinerary for or Breeze Feb 9th cruise as well !!! I like the Grand Cayman change , but not too happy about Cozumel !! We went to Cozumel last year !!

BethAnn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

RCCL Majesty of the Seas 1995

Disney Wonder April 2009

Carnival Liberty Oct 2012

Carnival Breeze Feb 2014

I am sooooo disappointed too!! They haven't even notified me, I just noticed it last night when I went to see if the fare had gone down. Not at all happy about Cozumel, and losing Grand Turk!!! I tried to look for other options, on other cruise lines, but I have such an awesome price, nothing even comes close. Guess I will just be happy for the opportunity to cruise!!!!

Archived