I am SO UPSET!! Breeze itinerary change Dec 29th!!

Hairnova

I haven't booked the Dec. 29th Breeze yet, but I am most likely going to. I wish they had taken Jamaica off. I can do without Nassau, but i was looking forward to going back to Grand Turk (was just there last week!).

In Cozumel I'll go to Mr. Sanchos for the day - great beach club!

Need to find something new to do in Grand Cayman - probably just find a beach.

Might just stay on the ship in Jamaica, but I have 6 months to figure that out!

still no luck so I contacted John Heald. He was really polite and is going to help get things resolved! :-)

Don't count on him. If you read that page regularly, every day you'll see people posting on there asking what happened when he supposedly took up an issue for them, and he says he forgot, or he didn't follow up, or whatever. Certainly don't count on him when there's a specific timeframe (in this case, the 24 hours) to follow up within.

"If the itinerary change is for reasons within Carnival’s exclusive control, guests will have the opportunity to cancel their booking without penalty prior to sailing and within 24 hours of the guest notification..."

I think Carnival may be trying to get around this by saying they have changed the ports due to "port congestion" so the change is NOT for reasons within Carnival's exclusive control. :mad:

then let them say that to people. Just saying no because you booked early saver isnt the same thing at all.

Its a lazy rep who doesnt want to bother. They are just giving a excuse and hoping you buy it... and dont push and start quoting them their own policy and making them aware you know the policy and standing your ground. Some have gotten changed .. by quoting the policy. I think its about how you do it if you get it done. Making it clear you arent going to accept no for a answer.... so lets get on with it or get your supervisor on the line now.

We were boked on a b2b on the Freedom in March. Got the email, Massive port changes, so my PVP moved us to the Breeze, no fees and my PVP actually got us a one level upgrade at no cost. My PVP is great and would never use anyone else.

We were boked on a b2b on the Freedom in March. Got the email, Massive port changes, so my PVP moved us to the Breeze, no fees and my PVP actually got us a one level upgrade at no cost. My PVP is great and would never use anyone else.

I've got a great PVP who knows the rules and would have gotten this done too.

So upset right now as I just received an email that itinerary has been changed for Dec 29th sailing. I have cruised to Cayman and Cozumel already and so not interested in repeating them!!! I already booked our flights from Houston to Miami. What should I do aaarrrgggghhhhh....:mad:??

I got an email from Carnival last night. I was also disappointed by the change in itinerary. I had looked forward to Grand Turk and Key West. I am so glad that I learned from this site that there was a possibility that we could change our cruise within 24 hours. My husband decided that he would like to cruise from New Orleans instead. He called Carnival this morning and they changed it right away to the new cruise. It worked like a charm.

Actually Carnival called and I issued the call. I called back and switched cruises, no fees, no penalties! We actually gained a day for $19.00 more for the cruise! So happy! We will now be on the Dream! I guess John did help and I'm very thankful:)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Don't count on him. If you read that page regularly, every day you'll see people posting on there asking what happened when he supposedly took up an issue for them, and he says he forgot, or he didn't follow up, or whatever. Certainly don't count on him when there's a specific timeframe (in this case, the 24 hours) to follow up within.

How does Carnival know when the 24 hours is for people? I am on the Jan 12th cruise (but I LOVE the new ports-so not changing)--the only way I knew though, was to read about it here last night, then I went and checked under "manage my cruise". I never recvd an email or call. (just checked my email again and still haven't recvd anything-and I get their emails for all the other stuff).

So what happens when people find out way down the line that their ports were changed? I am sure many of them never recvd any notices.

We were booked early saver on the Fascination the first week of December 2013 - I check my rates every day and happened to notice that had taken Key West off from the ports and added Little Stirrup Cay .. the reason we cruise is to go to Key West...so I called my PVP immediately - he said that they were in the process of sending out letters - I told him I only booked because of Key West..he told me to let him ask his supervisor and he got back on the phone and said we could go November 16th and the Fascination would be going to Key West like I originally planned and that there would be no fee to change.

I would have been so upset if they would't have changed it

Archived