Help - May have to cancel

sarafs

We did not buy travel Insurance -- Now Sister-in-law is very ill--cancer, nothing more they can do.

We travel in next month. We do have some coverage through credit card company, but is there a travel insurane company who will cover the trip at this late time?

Sugestions please.

We did not buy travel Insurance -- Now Sister-in-law is very ill--cancer, nothing more they can do.

We travel in next month. We do have some coverage through credit card company, but is there a travel insurane company who will cover the trip at this late time?

Sugestions please.

I've heard good things about insuremytripdotcom

I'm very sorry about your sister and as both my parents are suffering from cancer I totally understand what your going though, I don't know how to put my reply because I don't want to sound rude or cold so please don't take it that way as I'm currently going through this myself. We purchased travel gaurd silver for our upcoming cruise...and what it covers is if she is admitted into the hospital or unfortantly passes...it will not cover if she is too ill to go...Again I'm so sorry for what your family is going through

Most have a clause about pre-existing conditions.

I would look for partial coverage, cancel for any reason, though it will be high this late if you can find it at all.

you are going to have to read thru the policy terms.. I too suggest insuremytrip

Assuming you're past the time period to be eligible for either the pre-existing condition waiver or any "Cancel For Any reason" coverage your best bet might be to find a policy that DOES NOT extend the pre-existing condition exclusion to non-traveling family members. For example, this is from a Travelex plan:

"Pre-existing Condition means an illness, disease, or other condition during the 60 day period immediately prior to your effective date for which you or your Traveling Companion, Domestic Partner, Business Partner or Family Member scheduled or booked to travel with you:

1) received or received a recommendation for a diagnostic test, examination, or medical treatment; or

2) took or received a prescription for drugs or medicine."

Even in this type of case you want to call the insurer directly before plunking down any money as there may be an exception for anyone already given a diagnosis that the death is inevitable. In other words, there's nothing more that can be done. Definitely call first.

Archived