Mah Jongg?

Has anyone ever played, or seen played a mah jongg game on board? (Probably in the card room, as it takes some space.) I'm speaking of the NMJL 4-person table game with tiles, not the solitaire computer game of matching. The sets are kind of cumbersome to lug around, but if I thought I could find people to play with I would bring one. Anybody? Hands?

You can get a Mah Jongg game from the librarian in the Explorations Café.

Most people I see bring their own games. Many of the games have pieces missing.

On some ships there is board where you can post asking for others to join you.

Card Room -- don't be surprised if you get pushed out of there by people playing unhosted bridge.

Our roll call had a group playing:D they brought their stuff but I noticed a lot of sets in the library on the prinsendam - whether pieces were missing though I don't know - pretty sure you can find some players and maybe even on your roll call:D;)

On my February cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam, my MIL and I played two-handed at the Sea View, and had lots of interested viewers, including Crew. Unfortunately, we only and brought the racks for a two player hand and didn't have current cards for more than two people.

I know there are sponsored cruises through the national association.

KeysCruisers

On each of my voyages on HA since 2008, I have had no problem finding others to play MJ onboard.

Check with the librarian in the Explorations Cafe. On my most recent cruise on the P-dam, there were not less than 8 sets available for play. I was able to check a set out and keep it for our entire TA crossing. There were at least 4 groups playing in different venues.

There may be a sign-up sheet in the library and then those interested may contact each other for play.

Post on your roll call and remember to bring your cards & $$$!):)

Archived