Giovanni's table?

Platinum member who has taken a 5 year break from RCCL but coming back after the navigator refurb. What is Giovanni's Table and he Cupcake cupboard? Thanks!

Giovanni's table is a specialty restaurant that costs $15 for lunch and $20 for dinner.

Here is the menu:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/giovannis.pdf

The first part of the menu is lunch and the second part is dinner.

And The Cupcake Cupboard is a small little cupcake store. Also a specialty place where the items are available at a small charge. They also do cupcake decorating classes and what not if that is your perogative.

Giovanni's Table is excellent! I had lunch there on Oasis and Allure, and going this week on Grandeur. It is best to go in a larger group,if possible, then they will serve family style, and keep bringing everything! I am curious to see the difference this week as a party of 2!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Giovanni's Table is excellent! I had lunch there on Oasis and Allure, and going this week on Grandeur. It is best to go in a larger group,if possible, then they will serve family style, and keep bringing everything! I am curious to see the difference this week as a party of 2!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Party of 2? No problem, just make sure you arrive hungry.

Sorry to hijack thread but the menu sounds so good i have booked for lunch on embarkation day & the evening of my birthday

how do you decide what to have? so much choice

do you choose an appetizer each or share (we are just 2 people)

do you have soup or salad

& in the evening do you have an appetizer followed by pasta (i assume this is starter size) followed by entree?

please clarify what acceptable format is i would hate to appear greedy or cause offense i dont like waste but do like trying different foods

thankyou

Sorry to hijack thread but the menu sounds so good i have booked for lunch on embarkation day & the evening of my birthday

how do you decide what to have? so much choice

do you choose an appetizer each or share (we are just 2 people)

do you have soup or salad

& in the evening do you have an appetizer followed by pasta (i assume this is starter size) followed by entree?

please clarify what acceptable format is i would hate to appear greedy or cause offense i dont like waste but do like trying different foods

thankyou

You may have anything you want. Happy birthday! :)

I enjoyed Giovanni's table as well. We did the lunch since its cheaper. I have a hard time justify the extra cost for dinner for pasta (though they serve more then pasta). It's a nice break on a sea day to eat lunch there.

Kari

Giovanni's Table is absolutely brilliant. Had lunch and dinner there on Indy last month. The food and service was superb and well worth the extra money. I will be cruising again next year and will be heading straight back there :D

The Cupcake Cupboard does.....cupcakes! For my taste they are terribly sweet, I had one just to satisfy my curiosity but wouldn't have another one as I don't think they are worth paying for when there is so many other selections that are included in the cruise.

"Family style" gives the impression that they plop down a bunch of bowls and plates of food. Yes and no! If you want to 'share" they will bring ample amounts, if you want your own portion they will do that too!

The service is superb. The food is outstanding. The evening is truly memorable.

We will often dine there three times in a week.

Platinum member who has taken a 5 year break from RCCL but coming back after the navigator refurb. What is Giovanni's Table and he Cupcake cupboard? Thanks!

Giovanni's was our favorite specialty dining spot on both Oasis and Allure. Very casual Italian fare with great food and service IMHO. I wish we would have had this on the Splendour last month. :) I suggest giving it a try.

Giovanni's Table is excellent. Went for lunch on the Oasis and still had the pasta for lunch. The Pappardelle pasta in a radicchio cream and pancetta is killer as well as the Risotto. What I really loved about lunch, was that we were able to go back later in the evening for dessert. The Tiramisu was fantastic and we didn't have to forgo it because we were so stuffed at lunch. You can have as much as you like of anything except you can only have one entrée.

Giovanni's Table is excellent. Went for lunch on the Oasis and still had the pasta for lunch. The Pappardelle pasta in a radicchio cream and pancetta is killer as well as the Risotto. What I really loved about lunch, was that we were able to go back later in the evening for dessert. The Tiramisu was fantastic and we didn't have to forgo it because we were so stuffed at lunch. You can have as much as you like of anything except you can only have one entrée.

You can go back later for your dessert? This is great news. We are eating there for lunch on the first day of our Allure cruise and going to Rita's Fiesta for dinner. I read the other day ago in a review that you have to pay extra for desserts at Rita's.

We will definitely go back to GT for our Tiramisu after the fiesta. Thanks for the heads up. I assume they pack it up for you To Go rather than give you a table?

You can go back later for your dessert? This is great news. We are eating there for lunch on the first day of our Allure cruise and going to Rita's Fiesta for dinner. I read the other day ago in a review that you have to pay extra for desserts at Rita's.

We will definitely go back to GT for our Tiramisu after the fiesta. Thanks for the heads up. I assume they pack it up for you To Go rather than give you a table?

they gave us a table and free capucinno

]"Family style" gives the impression that they plop down a bunch of bowls and plates of food. Yes and no! If you want to 'share" they will bring ample amounts' date=' [u']if you want your own portion they will do that too[/u]![/b]The service is superb. The food is outstanding. The evening is truly memorable.

We will often dine there three times in a week.

Glad you posted this! People often get confused by the "family style" wording.

It only is if you wish it to be.

HD & I order our own things ... except for the salad which we share.

When we were on Oasis for 7 days, we had dinner at Giovanni's 3 nights + lunch on embarkation day. :)

LuLu

~~~~

I really enjoyed GT. 3 times on my last 7 day cruise. Ambiance is nice and light and airy, great...as in REALLY REALLY good food and wonderful service. I switch around between Celebrity, Princess and RCI; and Giovanni's Table is my favorite specialty restaurant of all.

We had a dinner at Giovanni's on our recent trip on Radiance and were very disappointed. We were not alone, others we spoke to agreed they wouldn't go again. So it is interesting to see the rave reviews. We had some discussions about RCI's marketing policy given that that pasta in the MDR was better. And the service.

Archived