B2B Alaska on Island and Short Coastal Cruise on Golden

Sailfish

I decided it was cheaper for us (and less hassle) to fly home from LAX, so after a week on the Island Princess in September, we decided to board the Golden Princess in Vancouver on September 23rd - and do a three night cruise that disembarks in LA. Since this will be the first time doing B2B on different ships, I have a few questions that sadly, the nice folks at Princess were unable to answer. Perhaps you can help me.

1) How will disembarkation/embarkation proceed in Canada Place, Vancouver? Princess Rep tells me we will NOT have to go through Immigration - we will be asked to walk off with our bags from the Island Princess and check into the Golden later in the morning - with the In-Transit group doing B2B on the Island. This doesn't sound right to me, since we will be on a different ship. Anyway, hopefully someone here can shed some light on how the process works. I figured we would disembark the Island, go through Canadian Immigration and check back in on the Golden after getting our luggage.

2) My next questions have to do with the three night voyage on the Golden. First, is there a formal night or are all three nights casual? Next, do they schedule any parties for Elite members on such a short cruise? No one from Captains Club was able to answer this.

3) My last question is about the Golden Princess; is it similar to the Grand Princess? I know it's not like the Ruby, Emerald, etc.

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

Suzi

You will have to go through immigration because you are returning from the US (Alaska). Golden is the second ship of the Grand class. Much the same but still has her shopping cart handle. EM

This is what I thought too. Thanks.

Archived