Future Cruise Voucher

kshawks

I've been trying to find the new rules/guidelines for the FCV.

I found this:

Future Carnival Vacation (FCV) Program

Also referred to as Future Cruise Certificate (FCC)

*** The original Future Carnival Vacation Program was discontinued on September 27, 2012 ***

*** All previously purchased certificates will be honored up until their expiration dates. ***

The 1st Promotion Option below is still being offered.

This promotion option requires you to book your future cruise while still on board a current cruise.

The NEW modified program requires that guests book a future cruise while still on board in order to receive the onboard credit (OBC). The program is fleetwide with the exception of the Carnival Victory, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration and Carnival Sensation. You make your booking through the Future Cruise Desk on board. The location of the Future Cruise Desk and the times it is open will vary from ship to ship. Call Guest Services or look in the Fun Times for the specific information that pertains to your ship.

1st Promotion Option

Guests who actually book a cruise while onboard will receive an onboard credit up to $200.00* per stateroom. The guest will also receive two vouchers they can give to Family and Friends to take advantage of the same onboard credit given to the host booking.

Onboard Credit Offer

$50.00 per stateroom on a 3/4/5 day cruise

$75.00 per stateroom on a 6-day cruise

$100.00 per stateroom on a 7-9 day cruise

$200.00 per stateroom on 12 day or longer cruises

Note: Single occupancy staterooms will receive 100% of the onboard credit. This is a recent change, it use to be 50%.

Terms and Condition for Guest Vouchers

The voucher will include an issuance date which will be the return date of the current cruise the host traveled on.

The recipient will have 60 days to book on the same future ship and sail date as the host in order to receive the on board credit.

The guest must complete the original voucher and it should be mailed to the following address via certified or registered mail at the time of booking, in accordance to the option date on the sailing.

Carnival Cruise Line

Attn: Special Programs & Promotions MSGP-456S

3655 NW 87th Ave

Miami, Florida 33178

Photo copies will not be accepted.

The voucher is not combinable with Friends & Family rates, Interline rates, Travel Agent rates, or other restricted fares.

Note: The new booking will be made under the same profile as the current cruise booking. If the profile is a travel agency, a confirmation will be sent to the travel agency upon completion of the booking.

Is that the correct information? On the old program, you were able to get upto $100 off the deposit, and it looks like the same OBC for the old/new program. So it looks like they've removed the help with the deposit.

You also have to book while you're on the cruise? If you have to change dates/ship you pay a $50 fee?

So what do you end up paying for, the FCV and the deposit while you're on the ship?

For example, if you used a friends and family voucher for the same cruise that they booked within 60 days, you got $100 OBC for a 7 night cruise. The Fcc never actually reduced the deposit. You paid $100 for the Fcc which came with 2 vouchers. When you booked your cruise the $100 you paid went toward the deposit and then when you sailed you had $100 OBC. Of course they do not sell Fcc's anymore. They only do onboard bookings.

You do not pay for an FCC any more. You just book and pay the deposit. You are given two papers that state family and friends get the same OBC that you do if they book the same cruise as you within 60 days. We have booked on board several times with no problem, even our 15 day to Hawaii to get the 200.00 OBC but a word of caution. Make the future cruise person give you your papers right then and check them VERY carefully. We had a night mare last cruise and he goofed up both cruises we booked--wrong room for both and triple charged our deposits and then when he was supposed to take them off he accidentally charged again. Took me a week or so to straighten out.

I think if this would have been our first try at onboard booking I would have said never again, but we have had some great experiences. Just know what you want before going to the desk. You can even check on the cruise before hand. On the last cruise there was a computer right on the desk that we could go to carnival.com otherwise go to the internet café and they will let you on for free.

I didnt know they did away with the FCC, was going to get one when we get on the Triumph in Sept. Dont know if Im going to want to pick my next one while on the ship, I like to go on-line and do research on the ones Im thinking about. Then call my Carnival PVP and book. Im going to have to think about this one, but I do like OBC.

With the old FCC, does one need to have sailed before expiration date, or just booked?

I am not certain but I heard that as long as you book before it expires you can book a year out but I worry in case you would have to cancel that cruise. I have 2 I may have to turn in.

I had two and bought 2 more of the old FCCs and still have all 4 since I wound up booking other cruises. I am trying to get 2 applied with my UK TA to already booked cruises on upcoming Miracle, but who knows.

Mine dont run out until around the end of sept next year.

(and as you can see I dont have a lot of room and time to add in more cruises).

I probably will have to get a refund one my two oldest ones. they were good for 5 years.

You have to book before the expiration date which is 2 years from purchase, and you MUST cruise before the 3rd year is up.

How do you know which ones they purchased?? I have two more 5 year, and then there were 4 year ones.. and I just bought 2 more 2 year to add to my stack of 5 year vouchers.

Archived